Friday, 28 January 2011
Tuesday, 25 January 2011
Sunday, 23 January 2011
Have a great Sunday x Janet
Friday, 21 January 2011
Hope Friday has been good for you x
Wednesday, 19 January 2011
Monday, 17 January 2011
The dear little lock and key brads were bought at the stamp man and are a perfect addition to a project like this.
Saturday, 15 January 2011
Friday, 14 January 2011
So this time The Stamp Man wants distress or is that de stress?? Actually I find creating a tremendous de stressor although somehow my OH does not understand this urge to craft instead of clean LOL.
Anyway back to the challenge - I bought this clock face stamp from the shop last year when doing a workshop with Jill about clocks - infact she also did something similar in craft stamper do you remember the gorgeous UTEE clock? Well it led me to this purchase and I have sadly neglected its need to be used - so here it is. Done as Jill did on shrink plastic although hers was perfectly round and mine started off that way too but what happened? Still you can get oval clocks so i carried on. I have inked a piece of card run through the cuttlebug with victorian velvet distress ink - roughed up the edges with the Tim Holtz distress tool and mounted it all onto some pearly black card - hey presto an atc for the Tim Holtz swap I have joined. Now as ever my fellow teamies have produced some stunners and with links to all the products used too you can't go wrong so do stop by the Stampman challenge blog and take a peep x
have a great Friday x Janet
Thursday, 13 January 2011
Wednesday, 12 January 2011
I now have to list 8 things about my self. Hmmm wonder if they need to be stylish too??? that may be a tall order LOL
1) I am half of Lovin Ink - a little shop which sells knick knacks for stylish crafting. The other half is my pal Michelle. The shop name comes from the fact we love to stamp with any type of ink. We have very different styles but seem to compliment each other when we work together.
2) My wedding anniversary is the 14th February - everyone thinks this is so romantic but sadly it was just the date the venue had that month LOL. This year we celebrate 25 years of marriage - Not quite sure how that happened LOL.
3) Before becoming obsessed with crafting I was a workaholic holding down 2 jobs and childminding my nephew 2/3 days a week as well as bringing up my own children- phew i'm exhausted thinking about that one!
4) This one is a toughy but makes me who I am - when I was a child I was a victim of abuse from a great uncle (not at all great as it turned out).Its not something I shout from the rooftops but having therapy when I turned 40 and learning to forgive myself, accepting it happened and learning more about myself through it has made me a stronger and more adaptable person. The process of recovery was tough but so worth while. Anyone out there who has carried this sort of load around I encourage you to seek the counselling. I really am happier in my 40's than I have ever been and I didnt think it had affected me much!
5) I am a closet twilight fan! What is it about werewolves and vampires that have gripped me ? Think its just the whole romance thing really I wouldnt be drooling over Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner now would I?
6) I live in an extraordinary house! The house is 2 terraced houses which are joined together inside by the means of interconnecting doors upstairs and down. My Mum and sister live in one half and we live in the other. Its an odd arrangement and not without its challenges but it works for us - even if I won the lottery I would not move - I love the house with its cold drafts, horrid crackle glaze woodwork, gorgeous fireplace, tiny bathroom - I honestly would want to live anywhere else ever!
7) I am a fraud! Folk think I am really good on the computer - this could not be further than the truth Lol - I fumble my way around blogland gleaning little tips and writing them down hoping to get better. Its the same at work - I must come across as confident or something because I really dont know that much at all - I think I am just a good adapter!
8) I love social crafting. Back in 2007 I went on a craft retreat. Little did I know that some of the people I met there, and the next one and then the next would become some of the dearest friends anyone can have. We meet up 3/4 times a year and feel so comfortable together. This is a real gift I treasure. Lovin ink craft retreats were born from that group of people and now I find we have even more special folk joining our retreats. I am very very lucky!
Now the second part of the award is to pass this on to 4 people. Now given my last fact -I think so many people are stylish crafters I am going to leave this open. Please feel free to take the award for your blog - let me know if you have so I can come and visit and learn a bit more about you too!
Tuesday, 11 January 2011
The papers are all little scraps from my bits box - I think the reddish brown one is Graphic 45. I used 2 stamps - a paperartsy film strip and a bathing lady got yonks since from Ebay. Coloured with promarkers then distressed around the edges, once put together I added crackle glaze to the strip to add a little dimension.
Monday, 10 January 2011
Looks like blue is still my colour this year too!
Sunday, 9 January 2011
Anyway before I became ill this lovely card arrived from a super lovely Lady called Linda who attends our Lovin ink craft retreats. Linda does not have a blog but is super talented so I hope she does not mind me sharing this piece of her crafting with you all.
Tuesday, 4 January 2011
Do stop by the blog where the details are explained clearly. This week is week 1 and so is "make a card" and the theme is "new beginnings"
My card is for a special friend who is starting a new job this week. Always a scary but exciting time I wanted to let her know I am thinking of her. Ive used my fav colour combo which she will no doubt recognise as her birthday card in November was the same colours! All the stamps are by Stampin up as are the lush papers. Lace from stash and the gorgeous flower from my lovely friend Georgina thanks love x
Sunday, 2 January 2011
If you have joined me for the blog hop you will find the details here
and atc swap just scroll to the next post.
This card is for my daughters piano teacher - it was commissioned by Babs at work so i have also made one for her and tried to be totally different with it. Papers are by sandylion and are now very old! Actual sheet music for the main background (wonder if she will be horrified at that??) and stamped image from an unknown stamp company but seemed perfectly right for a piano teacher LOL.
And yes I have used peel offs.....................................
Have a fab day x Janet
Saturday, 1 January 2011
as always the theme has been chosen by one of our past winners and is Rhymes and Tales
This lovely nursery rhyme popped straight into my head as I had not yet used this tiny pear stamp I bought from the single stamp section at HQ
For those of you not familiar with it it goes
I had a little nut tree nothing would it bear
but a silver nutmeg and a golden pear
The King of Spains daughter came to visit me
All for the sake of my little nut tree.
I found another verse and the history of the rhyme here
What a useful site!
Stamps I used are from tim holtz - fir branch and crackle and pear from the Stamp Man. Ive also used distress inks to stamp with Crushed olive and wild honey. The little nutmeg has been done with a silver gel pen.
Looking forward to seeing what you fab folks come up with this month do stop by the atc blog for more DT inspiration too x