Wednesday 27 January 2010

Front of Journal

So here is is - Not sure if it has finished as I think its missing something just not sure what yet any suggestions? I had begun this journal cover in a really random fashion with the paints and book text etc. Slapped a few of my TH background stamps and sat back and wondered where the hell it was going to be honest! Then when I saw Hels challenge this week was squares it was the answer to the whole thing. This is a perfect representation of my life. At work and other out of home activities I am organised and always ahead (to the point my work load is practically non existent at work because I stay so focused and I am now picking up others work to stay busy!). However at home utter chaos rules - nothing is organised - and i do mean nothing! I am easily distracted especially by the computer or crafting - never ever am I distracted to sort the house. So the madness and chaos I did behind the orderly facade of the squares seems perfect! Hmmmm do I feel better for this full and frank confession about my double life ? - I think some journal pages may be in order to work that one out LOL. Here is what I used anyway

Basic grey papers - heavily doctored with red pepper adirondack ink
Claudine Helmuth paint - yellow, red and blue
Gesso
A ripped page from old encyclopedia for children
some PVA (yes I know it should have been gel medium but I haven't got any!)
Tim Holtz stamps
and the Journal stamp is from the stampman.

I'm entering this into Hels challenge this week and if you have any finishing off suggestions I would love to hear them :0)

Right off to the chaos that is my life until 2pm when order and organisation will commence (I go to work LOL)

9 comments:

  1. Hey our great minds are thinking alike this week with Squares/Journals... mmmm reading your post makes me think that we are alike in other ways as well! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous!!! I'm working on my February pages and I haven't even started the front cover yet. Hope mine works out as well as yours. Lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your journal cover Janet, the squares look fab. I don't think you're on your own being easily distracted by craft and computers!!!!

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous front cover Janet. Love the sentiment. Well done for keeping up with your journal. Good luck. Love your jigsaw piece too. Wish I had time to play. Gez.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Journal hun...thanks for joining in with the challenge again ... and hope you have fun with your candy...sorry not got here before...lappy died..so got a new one LOL x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really really impressed with this Janet, love what you've created and the thought process behind it. How about some dark doodled scrolly bits to lead your eye round the page?
    Fabulous work my lovely friend
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Janet, it's fantastic, it's all pulled together really well. I'd be scared to do anything else to it for fear of stuffing it up! Well done you.x I think all us crafters are easily distracted by computers and crafting anyway life it too short to have an immaculate home!! lots of love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!!! So rich colours!

    Hugs, Susa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.