Tuesday 22 September 2009

The Stampman and Sepia


Here's my sepia card - the picture makes it look more yellowy than it actually is. Ive used distress inks old paper, frayed burlap and vintage photo with some mustard seed to finish off. The lady stamp is by crafty Individuals and comes as a set of 4. i have used the distress inks to watercolour her. The piece behind her is using the same colours of distress inks and also a swirl mini mask from Tim Holtz. The background stamp on the large part of the card is a background stamp from stampers anoymous Tim holtz range too. the lace I have coloured using teh inks and then finished it off with gold ribbon. I've also used some brown sparkly paper by Kanban in between to mat the layers up.
I enjoyed playing with this colour palatte although my fingers looked like I was a seriously heavy smoker when i had finished!

Thanks for your comments about my Sons going off to Uni. Sunday was a really hard day. Although I wasn't going to go to Uxbridge I did go in the end if only to delay saying goodbye for a few more hours. I had a drop vertigo attack in the middle of the Uni campus so felt mightily embarrassed but am thankfully un hurt. James is busy making new friends and although said he would text me and tell me when to ring him tonight in the end he is going out with friends he has made. Hard though that is for me it is what should be - Hes off on a new journey in his life and I am very proud.

7 comments:

  1. This is lovely.The image is so classic and perfect for this sepia card.
    I have to say this background is one i have had my eye on for a while .. but was "what would I use it on".. urm now you have shown me, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Janet.
    Hope you're feeling better now.
    I too wasn't going to go with Nicholas to Bristol but did in the end. I've heard from him and he's settling in well. I can't get used to the quiet at home though and Max the dog is moping around too.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your card Janet! I love the images, lace and ribbon, well all of it. That's the only problem with sepia projects, the colour of your hands afterwards. I'm not really that bothered, but others probably are when they see the colour of them, not a good look!!!

    Congratulations on getting your sons off on another great journey in life, you must be so proud. The house will seem quiet for a while, but no doubt you will get used to it in time. Well done:))

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is brilliant just adore that stamp and great detail too love cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is beautiful Janet!! trying to get into this distressed look but finding it hard!! Hope you are feeling much better!! it must have been a stressful weekendxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Janet. I struggle a little with distressed but I can see that you don't!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Janet, She's beautiful and you've ceated a beautiful setting for her. Thanks for joining in Tuesday Taggers this week .......... Ha Ha!
    Hope you're feeling better love.
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.