Friday 25 September 2009

I'm so excited

Tomorrow i get my birthday present - my long awaited ranger weekend at Art from the Heart. Not only do I get to be taught by my favourite crafty tutor about my favourite crafty products - I get time to spend with my super not seen enough buddies Bee and Emma . Both are fellow teamies from Tuesday Taggers but we met at Malham craft retreat doing what we love playing with craft stuff.

The lovely Bee I met almost 3 years ago and she is responsbile for starting my passion for atcs. I have swapped over 700 now and have 4 albums. Bee introduced me to alcohol inks, using acetate and stamps - so this meeting turned out to be an expensive one lol. I am in awe of the stuff Bee produces which is always to a really high standard. She is also a good teacher and has shown me a number of techniques over the times we have met - now its time for us to learn new things together from Dyan and I cant wait.

And Emma - well we met only last November but she has become so much part of my crafty life i cant believe its been so little time. Emma has a wicked sense of humour and is so quick with her quips I just love to spend time in her company. She always smiles, has a friendly word and is truely caring. Emma introduced me to Stampin up and so set off another collection (why do crafty chums always end up costing you money???). I think Dyan may be in for a shock when she hears us banter as Im usually the quiet one in the corner in her classes. Emmas card making style is so different to mine - I cant seem to get the classy clean looks that she does still we have 2 retreats coming up in Oct and Nov so maybe I will pick up more tips!

Anyway if you want to see my buddies in action and see why I think their crafting is out of this world then hop on over and visit.

Heres Bee
and heres Emma

3 comments:

  1. Have a fabulous weekend Janet! Sounds like a lot of fun.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a fab time Janet, will be thinkin bout you.
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.