Tuesday 4 January 2011

A brand new beginning

Over on Tuesday Taggers we decided we needed a revamp - a place where we can try new ideas, have a bit of fun and challenge the team as well as the players. Along with the funky background, variety of challenges and new header we decided to go for a whole new name too! So here we are



Do stop by the blog where the details are explained clearly. This week is week 1 and so is "make a card" and the theme is "new beginnings"



My card is for a special friend who is starting a new job this week. Always a scary but exciting time I wanted to let her know I am thinking of her. Ive used my fav colour combo which she will no doubt recognise as her birthday card in November was the same colours! All the stamps are by Stampin up as are the lush papers. Lace from stash and the gorgeous flower from my lovely friend Georgina thanks love x
I have also added my own writing for the Good Luck sentiment. I have always been afraid to do this sort of thing in the past however journalling and some lovely compliments about my writing have helped me grow in confidence. I still think other folks writing is nicer than my own but feel less like I have "spoiled" my work by writing on it.

My team mates have done some fabulous cards too and a lovely one from our Guest designer too so do stop by and see what we have done with the blog and check them out x

Have a fab time with Try it on Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. oh love the revamp ideas and of course this stunning creation that lace against the blue is really pretty
    Happy New Year to you
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely colours together Janet and a gorgeous design. I know what you mean about how you feel when you see your own handwriting, but this looks fab.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and I'm sure your friend loved it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing is beautiful Janet. It looks great on this lovely, lovely card. The blues are perfect and your friend will love and appreciate it I'm sure. A new job is always nerve wracking and exciting at the same time.
    Happy 2nd Blogaversary, doesn't the time fly!!
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Janet - love the lace against the blue.
    There is an award for you on my blog. :)
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.