Tuesday 14 August 2012

Friendship and tears

 Spent a lovely day with friends today - imparticular my Lovin ink 'tother half Michelle. She gave me this as a late gift (she has already bought me gorgeous shelving for my craft room.)
 Inside was this beautiful jigsaw in a wonderfully crafted presentation box
with this lovely verse on it.
Thanks Pal I love it lots!.

Yesterday was an odd day - My brothers 36th birthday - or would have been.   He died in a car crash 18 years ago. Its always a sad time but this year felt sadder somehow.
My eldest son came home for the night on Sunday - He has grown his hair again over the last year after 3 years of a shaved head - I must say I am relieved - less fond of the beard that has arrived with it but I just want to touch his hair everytime I see him.  This time I was reminded of my brother as Toms hair is a similar colour and texture and his birthday is soon - he will be 25. 7 years older than our Richard was when he died - it set me off thinking of the man he would have become and all the years he and we have missed out on .
I just know he would have been a really grand bloke - he was already, funny and handsome but kind and gentle too.
Time doesn't really heal but things do become more bearable as we learn to cope. So yesterday was a tearful day but also filled with memories I treasure very much.

Thanks for stopping by 
x Janet x

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift.

    It is hard to deal with anniversaries of folk who are no longer with us but from the tone of your post you have some lovely memories of your brother.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gift Janet...obviously made with love.
    It was understandable that you would feel sad and teary yesterday....sending (((hugs))).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gift is beautiful. The memories are precious. We all need to hug and hold close and appreciate those we have around us. Sending love, jenxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only just caught up hun, but sending you ((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.