Monday 12 April 2010

Another Commission card

From one of the team leaders at work. Jacci is the main reason I craft as she introduced me to scrapbooking 5 years ago - I jumped on the craft bus and have stopped at most destinations for a play since then LOL!

My brief was -" a card for my Sister - its a special birthday - can you do something Tim Holtzy" Wow - no pressure there then - Tim's style is quite eclectic and also more in earthy colours than the usual pinks/ oranges/purples I do for ladies cards. Any way was chatting over this with another lady at work who dabbles with craft - we were looking through the craft stamper magazine and found the fab article on layering by Lisebeth Fidder (p8). Between us we thought that look was perfect for the request so last night I got to work.
I had also been at The stamping course on Saturday and Jill had a fabulous Easel card which was about 8" square so I decided to try for that look. I first stippled denim and lettuce adirondack ink into white card - my friend Michelle reminded me about this technique and I remembered I had 4 little brushes and a large one - the coverage is much more even than with the cut and dry application. I then stamped with denim a crackle stamp by Tim Holtz all over and dried it with the heat gun and added the clock face stamp - again by Tim Holtz to the card. I have then used other Tim Holtz stamps stamped in black to add the final layers.

I was excited about the look by then so rooted out some letter brads to spell sister and friend then added those too. For the base bit I repeated the whole process but over stamped with a Happy birthday stamp which i think is by Anita. The Main image is a Crafty Individuals stamp, stamped then inked in the same way as the base card - then matted and layered first onto silver, then black then blue before finally matting onto the main card. I added a shrink plastic clock face which we had been playing with on Saturday and that seemed just enough!
If you have read the article you will know there was a stage for adding gesso - I did try it but my inks ran so I abandoned that but do really love this layering look. Again thanks to The Craft Stamper I've had real fun playing. I had a go at another project from December which is on my other blog which you can find here
So I am entering this into the Sunday Stampers challenge which is to use silver on your projects. I really had fun with this but have real inky fingers now LOL!
Happy Monday Blogging Buddies x

18 comments:

  1. this is SO amazing my dear friend, you are SUCH a clever clogs, luv Georginaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous in every way Janet love those colours they rock hugs Pascale x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is superb, love all the colour effects and I am sure it fitted the bill spot on
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is absolutely FANTASTIC!! I think I might just have to have a little play, but this is so TOTALLY alien to my usual techniques it might take a while, lol.

    Hugs & congratulations on a GREAT card.

    Judi xxx

    http://www.judiscraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness hunny this is awesome, i love this easel card, its very different and very inspirational, loving the colours you've used and the stamps! thank you for sharing, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab or what? :)
    Beautiful card...love stippling!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card - well done on the recognition from craft stamper!!!
    kathleen mc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya...just spotted this over on DoCrafts...It's brilliant! Well done! xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning Janet, absolutely brilliant!! I bet the lady will love and treasure this card. Well done:)

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love your design and materials, the colours are fab !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Janet! Great techniques too - I'm gradually getting there with Tim Holtz - have now "mastered" Perfect Pearls.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow wonderful card Janet I love the your colours and I think you've created a stunning easel card! Fantastic layering and over stamping is very effective!!! HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning Janet. It's very Tim Holtzy but even better with all that layering. You've really mastered it. The colours are gorgeous. Your Sister will be so thrilled to receive such a masterpiece.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just GORGEOUS! All that layering with stamps and ink really makes the piece special!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Wow, Wow! Amazingly gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely fabulous! Love the colours, the embellies everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, your card is really WONDERFUL ! Great composition ! So nice that you were inspired by my article.... great !! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.