Sunday 25 April 2010

Tag You're It - with a Flourish

Now I love this flourish mask by Tim Holtz so it was what came to mind for this challenge. I've also used it as another journal tag so how I feel about what has happened this week with my health is on the reverse. Ive used purple as a thoughtful colour - adirondack inks cool peri, purple twilight and eggplant. The flourish represents how I would like my life - easy flowing with no jagged edges. The cracks represent the obvious cracks that life throws up. The stamped journalling reminds me we cant change a lot of things in our life we just have to go with the flow. The key represents the journalling itself - the key to understanding how I feel.

Wow a deep and meaningful tag from me this week - Hope you like it. My team mates have produced some stunning art so do stop by and check them out. We would love to see your "flourish" tags so leave a comment on the Tag You're it post and we will come and find you x

Happy Sunday folks x Janet

5 comments:

  1. Oh Janet this is delish. Love the colour choice and technique used and I love the flourish
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet it's divine I adore the colours you've used and know what you mean about that 'flourish' mask it's gorgeous - what do you do with all these gorgeous tags you make? Do you use them for journaling on and if so how do you store them afterwards? Intrigued - hoping you're having a fabulous day - hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful tag Janet.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet. This is a very thought provoking piece of art. Purple truly is the colour for reflection and thought and the symbolism behind the various elements so apt for you at this time.

    Thinking of you my friend.
    ((((Hugs)))) Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet love the way you have encorporated your feelings and thoughts into this tag I love art with meaning. It is gorgeous in so many ways. the flourish is perfect, the embellies are perfect and I love purple hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.