Wednesday 12 June 2013

Creative moments - The weather

Hasn't it been utterly glorious! Beautiful blue skies and the warmth of the sun at last!
Well over at creative moments the theme is weather so what better excuse for a summer scene?

This was a free stamp with a set from creative stamping and just begged to be used in this simple technique.  The colours are much more vibrant in real life but I just could not get a decent picture!
Here I have used an aperture card as a mask for another card. Inked through the aperture with a light blue (pool party), a yellow (summer starfruit) and a deeper blue (pacific point) I used a sponge to get the colour on then stamped over the top in black.  The sentiment is stamped in pacific point and is from the freebie stamp set.
This is a Fathers day card - reminded me of holidays in Filey and as my Dad is no longer alive - wishing he were here is the right thing to add for him xx

My team mates as ever have been ultra creative so do stop by and say hello whilst getting some inspiration for the weather theme.
I am entering this into the Creative Inspirations challenge - Fathers day
and Simon says stamp - Fathers day. (only just made that one !)
Thanks as always for stopping by x
Janet

8 comments:

  1. Such a very wonderful card! I first saw it in Simon Says Stamp Challenge. i love the color and layout you use. Simply love it.

    Cheers to all!
    Happy Fathers Day Messages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, its good to have lovely memories.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Janet! What a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card love it. Sunday will be hard for you as it is for Debbie. I think it's great minds think alike I thought of using this stamp in similar style. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Janet and a beautiful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome card idea, it would look even more nice when you add a Fathers Day Quotes Messages. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet such a beautiful card and sentiment. Thank you for a great challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.