Sunday 1 January 2012

New year New atc challenge!

 This months challenge at The stamp mans atcs is recycled - perfect for after Christmas packaging I thought! First off i have some off cuts of mountboard from a picture framers - you can tell they are from cutting out the pictures mounts as they are all exactly the same size! My next bit of recycling is the gold card - this was from the inside of a cracker box - you know the bit where the crackers all lay together? so that was squirrelled away quickly!  the third bit is the ribbon.  I got a lovely new cardigan for Christmas with annoyingly long ribbon bits inside which were quickly snipped off to use here!
 So the first 2 atcs I have gone for an Eygptian look using gold embossing powder in 5 layers to make a perfect surface to stamp into. I used some mica powder to highlight the impression and on the 2nd atc a few black nailheads.
 For the third atc I have used Tim Holtz stamps in exactly the same way - I think this one is my favourite although the same materials have been used on all 3!

Here they are all together.
Fancy making some atcs to swap? find out all the details here

5 comments:

  1. Haha! I knew I couldn't be the only person who cuts all those silly ribbons off their clothes :D Stunning ATC's Janet!
    Happy New Year Doll :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful ATC's Janet.
    Happy New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ATCs Janet and great recycling.
    I hope you have a wonderful new year and I wish you and your family love, hope, health and peace for 2012.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super recyccling and gorgeous ATC's. Happy New Year to you and your Janet.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year Janet. Super ATCs. Caz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.