Thursday 15 January 2009

Lovely day yesterday

Had a fab time with my pals Elaine and Michelle - we spent more time howling with laughter than we did crafting but laughter does you so much goo doesnt it? Elaine had a hangover! On Tuesday the clearance firm arrived to empty the hobby room where the fire had got into her house. She knew all her stash was not salvagable but was so upset when they tipped her lovely stuff in the skip. Sooo she had had a bottle of red wine the night before and was a little worse for wear - however was not so grouchy she couldnt have a laugh. We howled when the first thing she told us was that her daughter Charlotte had received her invite to the palace to be presented with her Duke of edinburgh gold award! Wow what an achievement and how lovely she wanted Elaine as her guest to see the ceremony. Elaine however was gutted that the event is in March - "Im still fat" she wailed tucking into an eclair!!! Michelle and I were in stitchs and in dire need of tena ladies!!!!
At lunchtime we met up with two lovely gals I met at the craft retreat in Malham, North yorkshire. Georgina and her daughter Joanne. Georgina is a scream - I sat next to her at the retreat and we giggled away for the whole weekend - shes also an amazing crafter and has a lovely gallery on Docrafts where she goes by the name of Georgy girl if you fancy a mooch. After replenishing craft supplies (michelle bought new papers for a scrapbook layout she was working on - I got bits and bats and Elaine was restrained!) we came back to mine to play and giggle all over again. Quick break for tea then we met with the craft group for a stampin up demo - It was lovely, we made a card and some tags and spent more money on essential stash LOL So yesterday was a super hit as far as I was concerned - the best sort of day :0)
Heres a card I have made for a colleague at work - she adores frogs and hens which is why they are included on the card. Papers basic grey eva, stamps dovecraft and woodware. SU scallop punch, Pink petticoat birthday round (50 added by me)and flower stamp freebie from Craft stamper I think August issue.

3 comments:

  1. Hi I love this! this image is fantastic.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joey x Lovely to see you - love your blog too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet, here to help you with my candy :) If you click on the pic of my candy and save to your pc first, then go to customise on your blog, click on layout, add a gadget, a box will appear with lots of options, click on add a picture. You can do it so if people click on the pic it will take them to my blog by entering my ad in the url box. Hope that helps and i havnt confused you :0 xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.