Tuesday 7 September 2010

Tuesday Taggers - based on a book

Hot on the heels of her last challenge Michelle has chosen again this week this time a theme of books. The hardest part of this challenge is which book to choose - so many have influenced my life and continue to do so. In the end I have chosen a book I have read many times and my daughter is named after the heroine in the book.

The book is called the Thornbirds and is written by Colleen McCollough an Australian novelist. A short summary of the book can be found here
though I bet many of you remember the short series made from the book starring Richard Chamberlain and Rachel Ward. The main female character is called Meghann and this is exactly where the spelling came from for my daughters name - I just left off an N. Because of reading this book I believed that this was how to spell Meghan however I now know that the way it is spelt in the book is an Irish spelling and the way I have spelt it is a Welsh spelling - complicated for a Yorkshire lass!
Anyway the tag was easy to do having this gorgeous bird on a thorny branch by Tim Holtz in my collection! The distress inks have been applied using a brush - Ive used a crackle stamp in the background also by Mr Holtz. The follow your heart stamp has no brand on it but is a wood mounted one and I thought it described what Meghann did in the book - she followed her heart no matter what the pain was to do it.
So whats on your book shelf to inspire you? Hop on over to Tuesday Taggers where my team mates have some fabulous literary projects to share with you!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Janet

    A brilliant tag .. .. I love all the stamped layers you have put together to produce it.

    Gorgeous colours too.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag Janet. I loved that book too when I read it. Have you read "Tim" by the same author?
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful Janet, luv Georginaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I love Thornbirds one of those reads you cannot put down but can read over and over again

    Love the colours on this and the image is just perfect

    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is STUNNING, Janet! I love the colours and I remember the programme well. Never got round to reading it though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now there is a book I'd forgotten but it was a wonderful read as are her other books. Great tag really captures the book. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tag which is perfect for the book.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tag, the stamp is just right, I think it was a good book to read as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a super tag, love the crackle effect. you took my mind back, I remember reading the book and loved the TV series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the Thorn Birds, Janet. They've just been repeating it on Sky and RC still looks very handsome!!!
    Your tag is gorgeous. I love the TH stamp and it fits with the book perfectly.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been working on my book entry tonight Janet and got here following a link about ink dusters. I've been sorely tempted to try them as I just can't get the hang of that bloomin' blending tool or the brayer. Were the brushes you bought just ordinary shaving brushes then? Lovely tag by the way, I love that stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.