Friday 20 February 2009

More Love to share!


Made this tag on Wednesday night at the craft club I run. We got down and dirty well more inky I suppose playing with inks and sprays then making them into gorgeous tags. I am really pleased with this one. The flower is made from Grungeboard my first real go with this stuff - not the easiest of stuff to cut out either (grungepaper is the new release I want to play with!)Well the ladies seem to enjoy themselves and all went home with suitably messy fingers. According to the master (Tim Holtz) the way to remove ink is to use cheap shampoo as a handwash! I found a little help from the nailbrush didnt go amiss either! I understand a couple of ladies went to work the next day with inky fingers!!!!
Anyway back to the tag watermelon and clover are the two coloured adirondack inks applied with cut and dry foam. splatted a little with water and left a few seconds then blotted off. Lightly sprayed with a re-inker - cant remember which one but it also had copper pearl powder in it which has given a lovely speckled sheen. The love stamp is from whispers and stamped in black archival ink. The swirly one is a stamp I bought from the well known auction site - it was not expensive and I love it! The flower is dotty flower from blonde moments which Midnight Crafter Michelle has borrowed. This was my first ever stamp set and still my favourite flower. The grungeboard was covered in watermelon ink, stamped over with Black archival - heated to allow me to curl the petals and attached with a brad. I highlighted bits of the swirl stamped areas with white gel pen. I really like it!

4 comments:

  1. this tag is fab, the colours are amazing together .. and thanks for the heads up on the ink pads .. slowly getting my stock together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this tag the colours are absolutely scrummy and I really like the flower stamp. Who did you say it was by? Oh yes Blonde Moments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.