Tuesday 8 December 2009

Oh Christmas Tree


As usual Ive used some of my fav products - blonde moments! This time in colours that are not Christmassy. The background is raspberry and pool adirondack inks applied with cut and dry then over stamped with teal archival with a paperartsy stamp (thanks Dy for introducing this one to me!)Then the blonde moments trees are embossed onto white card then painted with pearl pigments powders. Yum!
This is winging its way to one of my very special friends with this verse I found on the net last year.
"There is a list of folks I know
all written in a book
and every year at Christmas time
I go and take a look.
This is when I realise
those names are all a part
Not of the book they are written in
but deep within my heart.
For each name stands for someone
who has touched my life sometime
and in that meeting they have become
a special friend of mine.
I feel that I am composed
of each remembered name
and my life is so much better
than it was before they came.
Once you have known that "someone"
all the years cannot erase.
The memory of a pleasant word
or of a friendly face.
So never think my Christmas cards
are just a mere routine
of names upon a list
that are forgotten in between.
For when I send this Christmas card
that is addressed to you.
It is because you're on the list of folks
that I'm indebted to.
and whether I have known you
for many years or a few
the greatest gift that God can give
is having friends like you x"

Although I am sending this verse to a special someone - it really stands for each person I am proud to call a friend - this tree card has made me feel nostalgic and filled with love for all my family and friends - so hope you can feel the love today xxx
If anyone knows where this is on the net i would gladly add a link to the web page

hop back here at 9pm tonight to find out if you have won the Rudolph digi stamp x

Janet x

9 comments:

  1. oh this is really beautiful that verse is brilliant such a beautiful card and design your friend will treasure it I am sure love cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Janet this is gorgeous. I just love the colours and the fabulous image.
    Whoever is going to receive this card will adore it and the wonderful verse.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! really love this and the verse is fantastic tfs.
    Not sure about you but here it's getting mad as....... I hate to go anywhere near the shops .....parking the car is a nightmare!!!!
    For goodness sake it's only 8th!!!!
    Hope you're well and if I don't get the chance to pop back have the best 'British Christmas' ever!!! I still miss them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Janet
    Hugs
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Janet and what a fab. verse.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, beautiful verse. nnalorac

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous project hun! Really loving the shiny look to it, and the verse is so sweet!
    Hope your day goes well. . .
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this Janet, fab colours and design.
    big hugs
    En x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your trees are gorgeous, Janet. I love the colours, they work so well for Christmas cards. That poem is beautiful. I may just be borrowing that for those "someones" special too. You are oozing love today.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.