Tuesday 1 December 2009

Tuesday Taggers Christmas Carols

Well here we are the 1st December and on the countdown to Christmas. Although many crafters start Christmas early there is something magical about December and the excitement it brings - don't you think?
So our theme for this week is Christmas Carols - although some of my teamies have gone for The Christmas Carol approach by Charles Dickens - isn't that a fabby slant on the theme?
Well mine is definitely along the carol theme. I just had to use my Stampers Anonymous stamps for this one with that fabulous Christmas Carol stamp.



Ive used 5 x 4 inch mountboard and used the white side to stamp and colour. Ive used promarkers to colour in then the distress inks for the main colour.

On Saturday night I thought I had over done the above piece as when I over stamped the music background the Christmas carol bit got lost however I highlighted areas with Glossy accents - went to bed and got up to it looking like this phew!

The berries have been highlighted using stickles then the whole piece spritzed with my fav re-inkers and mica powder spray - this time with festive candy (blonde moments pearl pigments) and fired brick re-inker - lush!

I have used some gold spilt rings to hang it together and added red, gold and green organza ribbon to complete the hanger Ive added some craft wire which Ive curled around a pen.

Hop on over to Tuesday Taggers and check out everyone elses entries to the DT.
Watch out for the blog hop on the 6th December too with some fabulous prizes to be won!

On another note I got my craft stamper on friday and was so pleased to see someone I know with a fab project in it p 74-76.
Congratulations Debbie a stunning project - to see more of Debbies stunning work visit her blog Debbie Dolphin - make yourself a cuppa and go back through her archives - you wont be diappointed!
hope this has scheduled properly as i'm at work again and wont be home till nearly 6pm. Have a fabby day now the Christmas countdown has begun!

5 comments:

  1. awhhhhh thanks Janet your soo kind.love this project its brill xxx
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project!! You must have spent AGES making it!!
    Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiya janet. This is Fab! If you have a look on my blog i've got something for you.
    Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creation Janet, a lot of work and patience must have gone into that little beauty
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this only took her about 5 minutes to knock up on Saturday evening!!!! LOL. Seriously though it is absolutely fabulous. Emma xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.