Thursday 26 May 2011

My Christmas card classes

Okay so I don't normally share my Christmas passion here but I thought I would today and show you what I have been up to this month. I have a Christmas card class twice a month here at home where the same theme is repeated for each session in that month - this month its been leftovers and diecuts. The card above is my favourite although I find the white space a little alarming I am trying hard not to add to it!
As you can see the papers are really old ones and mixed with some stamping I am hoping to wade through my old stash to make way for new stuff!
All the inks are distress inks - papers are by papermania and stamps, snowflake Tim Holtz, snowflakes verse butterfly kisses and the sentiment stampin up.
The stunning die cuts are Tim Holtz dies which I love - I only bought the tree as it was dirt cheap but its a gorgeous die and so easy to use. These 4 were made at last nights session so quick and easy cards were the order of the day and the top 2 are flat for postage with an ordinary stamp too! next month we are stamping with Tim Holtz stamps so that should be fun! I have been surprised how popular the Christmas card class is - Ihave been trying to use ideas which will be of use for everyday but folks do seem to enjoying getting ready early which is fab!
Hope your day is good x
Janet

3 comments:

  1. Ah they are lovely - keep thinking about adding to my enormous stack of already made (in January) Christmas cards LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, Janet! These are Fabulous! I will have to remind myself of them when I'm doing my last minute card make in December, lol! Hoping to make it to Skipton (Shopping!!!) in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.