Friday 6 May 2011

The Stamp Man challenge - Poppies

Most of you know about my Poppy quest (click on the page above if you don't for more info) and Jill and Ian have kindly agreed to support us too - full details at the stamp man challenge blog
I have gone for a very basic and clean look and hoped to achieve a look of a medal on the card. The ribbon is some recycled ribbon left over from Christmas and matched the poppy colour perfectly. The Poppy is a hero arts cling flower . You can't see too well but I have embossed some lines onto the card blank which is one of the large 6 and 1/2 inch square cards - a lovely size to work with. The nestability shape is labels 5 which works perfectly with the stamps Jill has designed - this one is especially for this challenge and is lovely.
I do hope you feel like playing along with the challenge it would be great to visit your projects and if I get to see some in real life too I will be thrilled.
Happy Crafting folks x
Janet

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Janet and yes definitely reflects a medal ribbon. It goes without saying I will be making and sending you a card or two XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Janet - just seen Michelle also - glorious stuff! Off to check out this Poppy appeal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning Janet.
    Off to check out the Poppy appeal too.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card Janet, love the clean, simple but stunning look about it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet, this is truly Beautiful hun. I think you have captured the Poppy perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so elegant Janet, I just love the style.
    Well done you two on organising this appeal and good luck with it.
    Have a great weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous card Janet, a real classic. I'll be bringing my card along to your workshop in a couple of weeks x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning card, Janet. I love the simplicity of it, the poppy really takes centre stage.
    You've really caught people's imagination with this challenge, I've seen no end of Poppy cards around blogland already.
    Hope it's a huge success.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card - very elegant. Jx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.