Tuesday 27 March 2012

A commission

Not had a commission from work this year till the hardest to please of them all, Sue, asked me to "make something special for my Cousins 50th birthday". Sue has excellent taste but is also very exact at what she likes. She lives in a household full of men so craves girly colours so that's the way I went.
This is an 8x8 card and a Mo manning pre-coloured image (I know -I feel like a cheat).
A combination of Martha Stewart, Stampin up and tonic punches - Sissix swirl die (Yay at last I found my die which has been missing for months!) and Tim Holtz sissix on the edge fence die. The little red border is a pre cut one I bought ages ago and not sure about the flowers as they were just in my flower box!
I like how the fence bows out to give the card even more dimension.
Hangs my head I even used peel offs for the lettering and 50 simply because I don't have the right size letter stamps. I do love the bunting though its a trend I am loving very much.
So does she like it???
Phew thank goodness she does!

7 comments:

  1. Eeek! Commissions scare me LOL this looks fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, girly card Janet!
    Hugs xx
    p.s. I use peel offs on cards too for numbers...hangs head in shame too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab Janet, love your piercing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Clarky! Love this image from Mo and the bunting is a great idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great card It looked wonderful in the 'flesh' so glad the lady liked it. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Janet xxx mmmwwwwaaaa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.