Saturday 24 March 2012

Birthdays birthdays........

So glad the last card reached its destination
Happy Birthday Neil Hope you have a fabulous day!
This card is for a family friend who has a heart of gold. This time I played with a stamp set from Pink Paislee called London Market. I found this at the show last weekend so its a perfect opportunity to ink up and play. I have been asked to do something for the Golden Jubilee - a class/ craft get together so I have been gathering ideas to do that - this set is part of the cunning plan along with this set by artemio!
I have of course used distress inks for the background, wild honey, broken china, and dusty concord - but then with the influence of Mr Holtz in my ear I have used my unloved coloured archival inks to create the layered stamping.
The bird is from a Kaisercraft set which I stamped in black archival then watercoloured with distress - see my fellow creative chemistry classmates I have taken on board the properties to use the inks properly .
So this is a weekend at work for me - a sleep over duty on the day the clocks go forward which means an hour less of sleep as I will still have to get up at the new time of 6-30am for my morning shift - yikes.
Me thinks I will be curled up on the sofa as soon as I finish at 3pm tomorrow!
Right off to bake a birthday cake before I start work this afternoon.
Have a creative weekend folks xx
Janet

4 comments:

  1. totally gorgeous hun, so much detail to look at just love it
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card Janet, love the gorgeous shades of colour.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Janet!! The background is beautifully layered. Hope you get enough sleep tonight!!
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet - well done you - see you can teach an old dog new tricks (I am off course referring to your comment about the inks!). I think this is a terrific card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.