Thursday, 22 September 2011

A retreat project

Michelle and I like to have a little challenge for folks at the retreat - a little like an ice breaker, the challenge is usually to alter something. This time it was a piece of hanging fencing which we got from poundland! You can see Michelles version here. As I had Molly and George stamps to hand thats what mine had to be!
I did nothing much to the actual gate except remove the metal embelishments that were fastened to it - a few stamped images, some colouring and cutting out and here it is a picnic in the garden scene. This is my 3rd entry to The paperlane challenge this month and perfect for today as I go to The Craft range to see Clare demo again tonight. Its a craft club outing which we are very excited about! Really looking forward to seeing Clares work again. Whats more there is a pie and pea supper - we crafty gals know how to live it up!

Hope you have an exciting day planned too!



  1. Really LOVE it, just fab !!

    hugs Diane xx

  2. Gorgeous Janet! A great project.
    Your evening sounds as though it's going to be a wild night..who can resist pie and peas?? lol
    Hugs xx
    p.s. the pie and peas suppers seem sadly to only happen in the North. :(

  3. Looks fabulous Janet, it was a great challenge. Yvonne x

  4. Utterly gorgeous Janet, I thought ooooh must pop to Poundland and grab one but with two huge baskets of things that need altering - the statement maybe not just now comes to mind LOL!

  5. think i may have to pop along to poundland to get my own sign to decorate as yours loooks so fab.


Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.