Tuesday 13 September 2011

Busy busy Mmmwwwwaaaahhhh

Wow what a busy weekend. Friday was the stampin club where we explored brushless watercolour using watercolour pens and water spritzers. As always we led them through the technique then let them loose to play and play they did - I hope its a technique they return to many times as they really did make some glorious cards. immediately after I was picked up by my docrafts buddy Liz for our next exciting adventure a trip further North to Geordieland. We had a little Rendezvous at Scotch corner with Liz's boss and his partner for a coffee - fab to meet them and see why Liz loves her new job so much - as well as working in a craft shop her boss is so personable and friendly and certainly knows his way around the craft world it was fab to hear what he is so enthusiastic about at the moment.
Then onto our next destination - a toby carvery where we met up with 9 other docraft buddies and our hosts for the next days events. A wonderful meal with amazing people - as usual my deafness meant I was not quite as far in the conversation as i would have usually been as the pub was quite noisy but I don't think folk noticed too much.
Onto to check in to our Travel lodge for the night Liz and I were excited to chat and find out more of what we had in common, our past, our kids, our understanding and supportive hubbies. A restless sleep for us both as we were excited about the meet on Saturday but once up we set off in good time - only to go wrong at the first turning and have one of a few detours which led us to be an hour and a half late. Thats where mmmwwwhhhhaaa comes in initially the frustration of being lost came to some choice words being said when we realised again we had gone wrong however ever positive Liz turned each expletive into a mmmwwwwhhhhaaa which made us laugh out loud.
Once we arrived we sang happy birthday to Yvonne after a stern telling off from Caz who was worried sick. I got stuck into my make and take for the day which was promarkers - yes you read correctly my docraft pals thought I could teach them about promarkers - I was very flattered but did wonder about their eyesight LOL

Here is a little close up of my sample. We used papermania card stock and papers and a Molly Blooms stamped image from the new winter collection.
I think she is such a cutie! Well most folks seemed to agree as I had very little of anything left by the time I finished. Fish and chips for lunch then all the presentations in the afternoon. A little atc swapping, chatting with docraft buddies then it was time to tidy up.
After this we went back to Caz's house to celebrate Caz and Keith's 45th wedding anniversary which is sapphire. Keith had done a wonderful buffet which we all tucked into and made a big dent in - Thanks Keith you are a gem. After a tour of the room of caz and the dolls houses we made our way back to our travel lodge room ( and yes of course we got lost again (Mmwwhhaa) to make plans to meet up with more buddies at the Harrogate show. Another long get to know you better chat whilst Liz marked off her promarker list then a much more relaxed nights sleep.
We arrived at the show at around 10-45 in time to meet Georgina and Joanne for a coffee and a cake and whilst there was greeted by Jan Williams and Margaret Hall who both join the RWS atc swap just as I do - it was lovely to see Margaret again and meet Jan for the first time both ladies are very talented crafters and I am proud to have their atcs in my collection. I met a few more amazing folks too Susan Powell, Tracey and of course the gorgeous Rita aka Rhubarb fairy. The Scottish Posse were there too so lunch with Lyndee, June and Purplemad Alison was mighty fine as we tucked into all sorts of junk which of course the gals washed down with Iron brew - made in Scotland from girders! LOL. at 3pm we left the show to head over to Art from the Hearts Birthday Bash and boy things had gone very well - Sandy was busy teaching, Dy was busy busy but always had time to stop and give hugs. Bessie Sue was demoing and Ben was busy checking out the emails from the blog hop - that will keep him busy then! a lovely wander around the paradise that is the shop and then it was time to go. The lovely Liz dived into a mini workshop and my hubby picked me up to go home.
It really was a wonderful time so thanks to each person I met this weekend I had a ball and especially my lovely companion Liz xx

8 comments:

  1. Hiya Janet, it was so lovely to see you at AFTH and to meet Liz and you are very right...she is lovely :D I have to say you looked great - a picture of health (you were a bit under the weather last time I saw you).
    It looks like you had a busy weekend all round! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very busy but fun weekend Janet. Lucky you getting to meet so many lovely crafters. Love the Molly bloom card, really is lovely.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a busy but satisfying weekend Janet - sounds like you had a great time and met some fabulous people.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. phewwww I am exhausted just reading about all your exploits, lovely to hear you had such a good time though and obviously fab to meet up with so many new and old friends, loving the cute little card too. Ps received our Ocean swaps today thankyou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was nice to see you on sunday, for a little chat...take care. see you soon. xx margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Janet you sound to have had a very busy weekend - sorry I missed you at the show, I went on Saturday. May be next year. Cheers Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow and a blissfull weekend of eating, chatting and crafting.
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.