Tuesday 21 February 2012

Playing with acetate TIOT

Over at Try it on Tuesday today we want to see any project using acetate. This is one of my favourite ways of using it and even better this bit was recycled stamp packaging after I re-homed the stamps into DVD storage. I ran the acetate through an embossing folder with my big shot it then gives fabulous texture to my atc. Acetate can be tricky to adhere too but I used glossy accents under the button and flower image to ensure it stays put!
As well as recycling the other elements were left overs from recent projects so its fab to have something made of oddments and bits and pieces.
So papers, cardstock, ink (yes all the edges have been inked), linen thread and lace by Stampin up
Cuttlebug embossing folder - script
Button and blue ribbon from stash

Exciting things afoot at TIOT - do stop by and see what my team mates have been up to playing with this weeks fab theme x

8 comments:

  1. Hi Janet - hope you are keeping well - this looks good and has given me a few ideas - thanks for sharing. Cheers Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recycling Janet, love your project.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Embossing acetate!!! That's a new one on me. very effective :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the embossed acetate in this lovely little project Janet.
    See you soon.
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's lovely never thought of putting it through an embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Lovely Clarky J, You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this idea!!! Dry embossing acetate?! Genius! A gorgeous card--will be pinning this to my Pinterest! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.