Tuesday 28 February 2012

Try it on Tuesday - Alter it with Mosaic


Over on Try it on Tuesday its time for a change. We needed a revamp! So next week will be the start of everything new. This week however is alter it week and we have been playing with mosaic.
Here are my 2 main ingredients a cheap ikea frame and a paperbag from Cath Kidston!
a touch of mosaic edged with tumbled glass ink and added with gloss multi medium and the altered frame was born.
It needed a touch in the corner so I went for big and bold- a punched scallop circle flower, crumpled and a "found" button for the centre piece.
Fiddly it was but I love the result which also gives you a peep at our Megsy 4 years ago!!
She was a 70s disco dancer in the school production Night Fever!
As always my awesome team mates have done me proud - check out their fabulous work over at Try it on Tuesday

8 comments:

  1. I love it Janet! Beautiful frame and a gorgeous picture of Megsy :)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Janet,how designer are you??? love the photo of Megsy,luv Georginaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Janet!!! That is so cool! I love it when a frame matches the pic inside it :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet
    I've just been having a catch with you, I've had little blogging time recently so need to catch up with all my buddies.
    I love all the gorgeous creations you've been making, I've just got my first Molly Bloom stamp so you've given me plenty of inspiration to have a play with her.
    Sounds like life has been challenging recently but I'm glad things are improving for you all.
    Take care
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful transformation Janet, that was a great bag to use for the mosaic.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a FAB frame Janet, just love how you up-cycled the paper bag.
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous frame Janet. Love the bag idea it looks wonderful. Have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the gorgeous mosaic effect, never fancied all that cracking of tiles etc, but this version - now this I could cope with!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.