Tuesday 19 April 2011

Try it on Tuesday - a little upcycling!

How fabulous - crafters love being thrifty and recycling stuff so this was a great choice for Try it on Tuesday. Its actually one of the projects we had lined up for the retreat but ran out of time to do. So here it is a coke can flower.
Carefully cut the base and lid off the coke can (washed first please or you get sticky!) I have then put it through the big shot with the tattered floral die then again with the Swiss dots embossing folder and then alcohol inked them with currant and lettuce - 2 of my fav colours! A bit of bending and shaping then layered them up and added a brad and voila here it is. Now I'm unsure if I should use it on a project as an embellishment or take it a stage further and add lace and leaves to make it into a corsage so I stopped there.
So what do you think - corsage of other project? I will pop it back on later in the week when its been transformed further x

Stop by TIOT where my team mates have gone the whole upcycling hog - gawd I love working with these folks they are soooo creative!

Have fun today whatever you are up to x Janet

9 comments:

  1. Definitely a corsage. Can't wait to see it in all its glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow fabulous although I am lethal with anything sharp but must have a go at this stunning
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, What a great Upcycling project. I was wondering what type of metal it was. Thansk for sharing and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh Forgot to say I can't wait to see what you transform it into. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, its gorgeous Janet, I would add it to a project I think, will keep a look out to see what you do. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant Janet, I really have to give this a go. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats fab.... very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even if you don't do anything with it it's fantastic. One quick and maybe silly question . After cutting the top and bottom off of the tin how do you get it flat ?? also do you split the tin or leave it whole and pas it through the machine just like that.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, I must try it, hope spillbinders dies can take coke can lol
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.