Tuesday 26 April 2011

Try it on Tuesday - Alter a tin

Okay so I decided to do one big post as my projects were all related. This is what I have played with in my spare minutes this last week. Please note the missing coke can flower - Could not find this anywhere and am suspecting Megs took a fancy to it and its now in her room!
This is a poundland blackboard. I masked the edges of the board so I could paint using the dabbers pool and citrus before overstamping in lettuce with the dandelion clock stamp. My plan for this is for it to go to the Stamp Man so folks can see at a glance what classes are coming up next. Here are some close ups.


The Tailors dummy




chipboard letters






and a Utte heart again with the dandelion stamp impression.




and here is my tin. Just a simple decoration for the tin which will sit with the blackboard.




with the Lovin ink business cards so folks know how to get in touch.


The tin is decorated from my scraps box with colours to work with the blackboard. More overstamping with the dandelion clock pulls them both together as well as the colourways.



Now my team mates have been far more inventive than I and we also have the lovely Freya as guest designer again this week. Do stop by here for a look - remember Freya is only 9!

8 comments:

  1. It sounded great and looks even better Janet! What a brilliant idea and so lovely, totally inspired my friend. Cant wait to see it IRL!
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clarky :D Thanks for your quick reply to my "poppies" query. I'm guessing Janet would like as many cards as possible(made 3 already) for her worthy cause :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, much nicer than the usual notice boards Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super notice board. I love your calling card tin, very posh.Hope you had a lovely Easter. Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant board and I love your tin with the business cards. Fantastic projects. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can hardly believe that Freya is only 9yrs. Love her work on the pencil pot.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous little tin Janet x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.