Sunday 19 June 2011

Happy Fathers day and napkins

Today is always strange to me having lost my dad suddenly 17 years ago it can be very sad. I did however vow a few years ago that sadness would not benefit me in any way and the 29 years I had with my Dad were worth celebrating. I cannot change the fact he has gone but I can change how I view the whole thing. My Mum thinks I see my dad through rose tinted glasses but honestly he was perfect :0) no rose tinting needed :0) so cheers Dad - thanks for being wonderful each day we shared.

Onto some sharing with you guys now here is the napkin card project we did at Stamping club on Friday - the tutorial can be found here

I've used stamp man stamps - Kay Carleys funky flowers - coloured with promarkers and stickles added - frosted lace.
Here is the inside cover - all that punching was a nightmare LOL
Papers are elegant soiree by stampin up. This is the inside bit waiting for the message
and the back with my new personalised stamp which I love!
All the edges are distressed with brushed corderoy and I love the effect this gives. Despite the misgivings from the ladies at at the start we all completed our project with half an hour to spare - Brilliiant! This was our last Stamp man Stamping club so do check out the pages at the top for more info about our sessions. Thanks also to Kerry for the wonderful idea in the first place xx

8 comments:

  1. I love this so pretty, I had to learn how to do one of these for OVA recently and thought it would be a nightmare but was pleasantly surprised, love the choice of edge punch used and the delicate ribbon to match the pretty flower beautiful
    Hugs Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the napkin card - very elegant.
    Today is my first Father's Day without my Dad so I'm not doing well.Have decided to do a LO of him and will journal my reasons for missing him.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, it's stunning.....

    You have summed up how I feel about my Dad perfectly, mine went 21yrs ago, and I am glad he was mine...happy Fathers day hun.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING Janet, luv Georginaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Janet, this is clever folding, gorgeous card.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous work Janet, I haven't tried one of these yet but must have a go.

    Same feelings as you today. I lost my Dad 3 1/2 years ago and my Mum last new year.

    Take care.

    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card - and i'm loving that personalized stamp - where did you get it from?
    Kathleen mc x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry I missed the class - Napkin Card is excellent.... looking forward to your new classes... ax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.