Wednesday 15 June 2011

Butterflies at croaky towers

Over on try it on tuesday the theme is butterflies and as its the 2nd week in June its also Tag week. I am very late with this - I have a sick note though, I am loaded with cold and have a hacking cough - not great for the concentration it has to be said or for getting a good nights kip!
Anyhow better late than never. I have used adirondack inks and shaving brushes to create the soft background then over stamped in the same ink. The butterflies are paper pieced - I do love that little technique. A little fibre, butterfly charm and matting and layering and its done. the stamp set is pocket silhouettes by stampin up - if you only ever invest in one SU stamp set make it this one its soooo versatile i have used it lots. The sentiment is also from the set.
Hope you are all fit and well and enjoying a little sunshine whilst its here. A busy few days ahead so I hope the cold beats a hasty retreat for me. have a great day x
Janet

10 comments:

  1. wish I could make such stunning creations whilst sick just love the colours on this and all the inked details
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is wonderful Janet,love the whole thing.Get better soon,you know what your like when you get this cough, luv Georginaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag Janet, it looks so peaceful. Hope you feel better soon. Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Janet, and have just realised, even better, that i actually own this stamp collection. It's my one and only Stampin' Up set! Must look it out ;-0

    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very pretty tag Janet - love butterflies and the muted colours and stamps are great.
    Hugs - in the hope that your cough disappears soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you're under the weather, Janet. I hope you feel better very soon.
    Your tag is absolutely beutiful. I love the background stamping and your paper butterflies and gorgeous.
    Take care
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon, hun. This tag is totally stunning! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry your poorly, hope your feeling better soon. I love your buterfly tag, the colours are so fresh and 'summery'. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are now fully recovered..... you are one gifted lady......!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.