Wednesday 29 June 2011

Christmas at the Clarkes

Another Christmas card class last night where the theme of Tim Holtz spilled over into next months theme of trees! This lush colour combo was discovered by one of my regular attendees - Alison. We were using Stampin up inks and Alison played with these colours - crumb cake, old olive and rich razzleberry. When the class was over I had a play myself and made this quick card. Stamped on cream which has the edges distressed lightly then inked with crumb cake (such a lovely colour) its then mounted on rich razzleberry card stock and onto a Kraft card blank. The trees are Tim Holtz and the sentiment butterfly kisses.
This is thin enough to go through the post on an ordinary stamp to so an extra bonus!
Thanks for the inspiration Alison!
Janet x

5 comments:

  1. I do like this colour combo Janet. A very elegant card indeed.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great card. I love the colours and the tree stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet - nice to see a contemporary christmas card and one that is not cute! I don't start Christmas cards until after my birthday at the end of July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention Janet, but all my inspiration comes from you......!!! ax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Janet, this is very gorgeous Christmas card.I love this so pretty, I had to learn how to do work on making such an beautiful cards

    Thanks for the great card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.