Monday 25 May 2009

China blue


The trouble with leaving challenges to the last minute is my pics are never as good as they would have been first thing in the morning. This is a challenge over at dragons den tag it on and I do like tags! For this one I have used distress ink pads broken china and tea dye. Applied the ink with cut and dry foam then faux bleached it with water before spritzing with distress reinker faded jeans, water and pewter perfect pearls. I have then over stamped with broken china from 2 sets of habico oriental stamps. The first being a flower border, the second sqiggly lines and then the third chinese writing. You cant see this very well in the picture at all. I have then edges the whole tag with gold krylon pen. The flowers and vase have been stamped on to white card then coloured with the distress inks and cut out - that took ages! I have done the same with the birds. I then embossed a coin image in gold and threaded gold ribbon to it as an embelishment. On reflection I would use black ink rather than brown if doing it again but no time to repeatit so here it is!
Have felt a bit washed out today so had a nap this afternoon. The house has been soo quiet even though everyone is home now - Tom came back from Bangor yesterday along with huge bags of washing which my mum has lovingly washed and dried today - Thanks mum xx
Hope you had a great Bank holiday monday :0)

4 comments:

  1. Wow looks stunning, I love the colours. Thanks for the tip about my tag for Tuesday Taggers, I thought I had entered it, but for some reason I hasn't - so glad you noticed!

    All the best & hope you're feeling better today

    Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have been busy janet.love it xx
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Tag Janet, love the colours and am impressed with the technique, looks great. Well done you for cutting that stamp out - tricky!
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Tag Janet, I love the colours and techniques you've used. Hope you are feeling better.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.