Thursday 21 May 2009

Colour create Sky blue, ecru and tan








Fab colours this week however I found I had quite a few shades of the different colours and when put together it looks a bit browny rather than tanny if you get my drift but on checking the DT entries I found similar colours anyway so never mind :0)
This is a brand new stamp (yes Katy I gave in!)one of Leanne Ellis' new designs at Sugar Nellie. I decided I could only afford one of the new ones (I bought one that has been out a while too more of that tomorrow) so this was it. I have stamped her onto ecru then coloured her with distress inks - never done this before and found I got the brush too wet! I have a Koi brush too but it still seems to flood in my hands! I wanted a sepia sort of feel to it so stuck to the weathered wood and various shades of brown/tans. The sky blue card I bought at local craft shop and is already embossed with dots so i ran a sponge with antique linen over it to tone it a little. Card I think is from Embsay Crafts, background paper Hot off the press vintage collection which i have stitched around it and distressed the edges with the Tim Holtz paper distresser. Ribbon from Dovecraft, charm and buttons from stash. The flower is one I bought ages ago - the same flowers I used on the tea bag projects on an earlier post - its now un recognisables as Ive dyed it with weathered wood and tinted the edges with vintage photo.. Lace again from stash was cream but coloured with tea dye distress ink. Ive made this with a special lady in mind - she saw the end result last night but I needed its picture so she doesnt yet know its for her! Hope you have a great day :0)

8 comments:

  1. thats really lovely janet.I have two of the new stamps poise and time flies but not used them yet.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Janet, the colours are lovely and you have just reminded me of adding charms to safety pins, I had forgotten about doing that, thank you!

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hunny, oh this is beautiful, love the detail around the flower, gorgeous card. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this card for real and it it truly stunning! I just didn't have time to have a good study to see that you had coloured all the embelishments yourself! Wow I was so impressed that you managed to find exactley the right coloured bits - now I know how!
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Janet this a beautiful card - you've put so much detail into it I love it- not sure I would have the patience (or actually know where to start!!!) The stamped image is fab. I'm off to Suger Nellie as that is a must have in my book - as a sewer as well as a cardmaker!!!
    Take care Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Janet. Love the new Leanne Ellis stamps, have not had a chance to ink mine up yet. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Janet - love your use of the colours and all the embellies are just perfect for the lovely image.
    Thank you for joining us at Colour Create.
    Juliet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janet, I love your card! The image is gorgeous and great stuff with your first attempt at water colouring with distress inks. Love how you died the lace and the flower is so pretty. I'm sure the lady who receives it will be pleased as punch that the card you showed her is for her! Hope your Son has had some progress with deciding what he's going to do next and that he's got his confidence back now. Have a great bank holiday weekend and glad you could join CC this week. Chris x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.