Tuesday 23 February 2010

Tuesday Taggers - Mess

Over on Tuesday Taggers this week the theme is getting messy! Here's a project I made which I did get messy with but forgot to take pictures of my hands! Its an exploding box with flying btterflies! My pal Midnight Crafter gave me a tutorial (check out her boxes on her blog - wow!)
Ive used adirondack dye inks, stampin up card stock and stamps, the butterflys are made from fantasy film and put onto thin strips of acetate so they look as if they are flying when you take the lid off the box.


The roses are punched out of a 6 petal flower punch then followed the many tutorials on the net for this. Ive given them a spray with mica spray made from Mustard sed re-inker and gold mics powder so they shimmer which you cant see on the pics. This particular box is a commission for Barbara at work for her MILs 80th.
Hop on over to Tuesday Taggers to see some truly awesome work. My fellow design team buddies are such a pleasure to work with and really blow me away every week with their fabulous stuff. Thanks Guys x
Janet

8 comments:

  1. This is stunning Janet!
    Love those butterflies.
    I've just learnt how to make the roses too and am sticking them on everything!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really bright and cheerful hun! Love it!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Janet. Really bright and cheery colours. Love all the flowers and the butterfly
    Hugs
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet this is gorgeous....hugs nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Janet. I've seen and admired Michelle's boxes and yours is beautiful too. I love the roses and the flowers on the outside. I'm thinking these may make great Mother's Day cards. Mmmm what have you started!!
    Hope your week is going well.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely box Janet, the roses and the butterflies look gorgeous! x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It's truly amazing! Very beautiful and I love those roses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Janet, that lady is going to be over the moon receiving this. You are good being able to part with it, I'd want to keep it! Love your roses too!!

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.