Saturday 27 March 2010

New home wall hanger

Here is the wall hanger I did last weekend - safe to show it now! It used to be a plaque with a saying on it - you know the kind you see in the cheapy shops. Well I gessoed it then used paint dabbers for the sky, grass and sunshine. Overstamped with library green archival ink and blonde moments little bit of this background stamp. The houses are from a stampin up wheel - onto papermania V&A papers (love them the colours are fab!). Windows and doors coloured with promarkers then added to the hanger. Home sweet home is a dimension fourth stamp. Finished off with ribbons and a key dangling at the side. This is for my Docrafts Buddy Mandy - I hope she likes it x She is just moving home to where she says shes going to retire LOL.
Im entering this into the Allsorts challenge which is to alter something
Hope the weekend is turning out to be fab for you x Janet

10 comments:

  1. Really like this Janet - great altering!! Having a lovely Saturday - sun shining, kids outside all day - the house is looking tidy for a weekend because of that!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so cool, Love it!!! Really loving these pro markers i got at the show.... have even bought some more LOL just going food shopping but check my blog later and see if you can give me any tips, done a bunny that i like but think can be improved on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the door hanger...just perfect for a new home gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful Janet! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Janet - a unique piece of artwork and a bit of upcycling to boot - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is divine...erm...I have moving house...very soon infact *wink* Have a great weekend hun x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet

    Fabolous make, really well thought out adn what a wonderful gift for your buddy.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely jubbly Janet! I like the colours you chose. I'm without camera at the moment and going a little crazy! x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sign, what a great gift.
    Thanks for joining us at ALLSORTS this week
    Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.