Wednesday 17 March 2010

Those with a nervous disposition please do not read!

Oh dear did that get your attention? You may want to look away now! I have made a bookatrix creation - arrrggghh first peel offs and now this the cold has clearly sent me loopy lol!

Not strictly true - I got this board in a swap yonks ago when docrafts allowed swaps to go on. I could never quite get the right look so it went to the back of the shelf and stayed there all dusty and lost. That is until last week when Katy from The Craft Stamper pointed out this creation from Vicky.
I was awestruck by the beautiful thing she had created - not a bit like the ones I had seen before - all vintagy and grungy and quite frankly down right perfect! I couldnt get my printer to print a decent image from the site so I went on my own way using Vicky's idea for inspiration.
This is a commission for my boss whose Mum is 80 - must clarify this as my Mum reads my blogs and I dont want her to think I think she is 80!
Ive used stampin up card stock chocolate chip and pumpkin pie for the first 2 layers then some basic grey ambrosia. As Vicky did I have used perfect pearls to high light the edges using a swirly stamp and some perfect medium. Roses I've made before like many tutorials on the net - the leaves are from the papermania build a rose set with distress stickles liberally smeared. The gorgeous lace is from my stash - Mum- I cut round some chipboard letters to make and then added papermania gems. Butterfly stamped onto ambrosia paper twice and layered to be dimensional.
So if you are still with me and not in a dead faint what do you think? Dont think I will use it often but love this way to use it - so thanks for the tip off Katy and thanks for the inspiration Vicky :0)

7 comments:

  1. Saw this in development and loved it then but today noticed the finishing touches, the glittered flowers,the perfect butterfly on that lovely 80 bit! Absolutely stunning! I also noticed your mask had fallen over on the windowsill. This beautifull little piece deserves better treatment my friend, it's gorgeous!!
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely gorgeous - how fabulous to be able to put your hands on a 'blank' one once you'd seen the inspiration, I'm sure you're boss will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it proves with some inspiration we can create beautiful things from the most un inspiring things. It is a really lovely 'card' Bee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing! Very very beautiful and classy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Janet it's stunning. The colours are beautiful. Sure to be treasured. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Janet! And food for thought - I too have a board somewhere - made one for Valentine's day when I first started crafting and it's been in hiding since!
    Fabulous inspiration
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. might have to get my moms board out from the back of the book case!!! this is awesome!! See you on Saturday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.