Wednesday 3 March 2010

Craft club on Thursday Night

Here's a preveiw of what we are making in my craft class tomorrow night - now you can see why these stamps were at hand for my last post LOL.

This is inspired by a project in Craft Stamper last January by the very talented Debbie Dolphin. Debbie had cut her own chipboard butterfly to make the notes board but since I would have to do that for 12 people I have adapted my version to something more manageable.
These are Mountboard pieces about 51/2 x 4 1/2 which have been inked with Tattered rose, worn lipstick and brushed corderoy distress inks. The stamps are Butterfly Beauties by stampendous, rings and ribbon from stash - notes is stamped with a studio g set and clip by Tim Holtz.
The ladies who come can buy the kit or do their own thing using my stamps but their own inks. Its an easy going session - I dont profess to be a tutor but I do like getting folks together to craft. If you are interested in the session we run on the first Thursday of every month - it costs £2-50 for the session which includes rent and refreshments then the kit for this session is £1 - usually I tell them what to bring so we use up our own copious stash instead of buying more! next session in April is decorating a chipboard Wellie!
Ive just realised I need to chomp the corners on the notes bit as all the mountboard corners have been chomped with my Mums corner chomper - another thing I so neeeed lol.
Im a bit nervous at posting this - firstly as Ive scheduled it as Im actually at work now and secondly cos I know Debbie is going to see it! arrgghhhh the pressure LOL.
Anyway hope its worked and it is really wednesday and you are having a brilliant day :0)


7 comments:

  1. Janet this is just beautiful, I loved that article by Debbie, that was the 1st Craft Stamper I ever bought and such an awesome mag, with so much inspiration...I need to get a subscription now...LOL....how lucky to get to a craft class...I will be bringing my crop-a-dile with me, as I cannot get the hang of setting eyelets yet....Love Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just great Janet,would love to be there,luv G.G.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Janet, as is your card using the same butterflies in your last post. I love these stamps. It was Debbie that inspired me to buy them too so I know what you mean. You've certainly done them justice though!

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  4. awh that was soo lovely reading that janet youve made my day.thankyou.
    absolutely love what you have done with them,your notes board is fab.i still love those stamps.hope tomorrow night goes well for you janet im sure it will be great fun xx
    love debbie xx
    ps why were you nervous!!!lol
    pss cant wait to see the wellie!!sounds fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet, just swinging by to see what you're up to...and lover-ly it is too! I like the colours, I've just bought the dabbers in that colour way. Now I have to tell you I've been to Dy's for the Dina Wakely workshops yesterday and today, haven't posted my creations yet. It was brillimundoso! Loved it. It will take my journals to the next level. Hope to see you in May.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I think it's worked beautifully, Janet. Totally gorgeous - and, of course, I love those stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it Janet. You have far too much time on your hands!!! See you soon. Emma xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.