Thursday 25 March 2010

Fruits of my labour!

So you would like to see the projects I did at the weekend. In truth it was not a lot - on Friday and Saturday I coughed my way through the time- I gessoed and painted a small plaque - cant show you that as its a gift. I gessoed and painted a large letter N for a project for The Stampman - not finished so cant share that! and made 3 cards - 2 of which have already gone so here is all I can share!

This card is for the lovely Marie whose birthday it was yesterday. On the retreat Emma had shared with us how to two step stamping using a thingumjig oh sorry no a stamp-a-ma-jig a stampin up tool. I now think this will be my very best tool (after my cropodile, fiskars trimmer and pokey tool of course). It works sooooo well . Perfect placement of the image every time!
So I stamped a cake using adirondack and archival inks to match the papermania V&A papers. Stampin up border punch, ribbon and card stock from stash. So thats it my weekend labours. I have to say my fellow retreaters were much more productive - 2 altered mirrors, an altered chest, 50 save the date cards, lots of scrapbook layouts, lots of cards, 2 exploding boxes and altered notebooks.
The altered note books were the warm up project everyone decorated their own notebook so they then had a place to write down hints and tips they had learned or any info they wanted to remember. This went down really well. It was also a place to swap contact details and add info from the mini demos/ workshops.
So there you have it - sorry its not more pics - I was really not very well at all and so not with it - I promise to be more on the ball at the next retreat!
Janet

4 comments:

  1. I have that stamp set and love it!! The Stamp-a-ma-jig is genius, definitely one of my best tools too! Hope you're feeling better. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful card Janet - I think you did well to attend rather than retiring to bed. Love the altered notebook idea.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet

    I've just been having a lovely catch up with all that you've been up too. Your retreat sounds fantastic, although what a shame you were poorly. Just not what you want when you want to enjoy yourself. I didn't make it to Harrogate this time, will save myself for September, although from the sounds of it, I'm glad I missed the pushing and shoving!!!!
    Your card is just lovely, that image is so unusual.
    Hope you are feeling better now.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely. I think this stamp-a-ma-jig ( lol) is a must have .. maybe for my next order after the NEC ..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.