Saturday 13 March 2010

Did you guess from Midnight Crafters post?


That she was getting married on Thursday? Congratulations to 2 very special people Alan and Michelle! Here is the card i made for the occasion.Ive been sitting on the secret for a couple of weeks as she didnt want any fuss - Tough my dear we had already got a birthday party lined up with your crafty chums for Friday the 12th! So how many brides do you know who had their hen party the day after their wedding?

Here is the saucy pudd the chinese restaurant served up for her - Recipe
1 Large battered banana
1 tomato cut in half placed carefully at the base.
1 generous sprinkling of seaweed!
1 strategically placed cherry
surrounded in a thick sticky sauce!

Oh my how we laughed then roared and laughed some more. What a fun night.

And here is the birthday card made for a special friend - butterflies have surrounded her the last couple of months so had to make an appearance here. Image Crafty Individuals, Friend stamp - no idea!, stampin up orange card, Martha Stewart doily edge punch, black stones - no idea flower papermania and velvet 50 from Doodlebug.
Now the work begins! Next weekend is our very first craft retreat organised by Michelle and I. I am going over lists, consulting with the chef, re writing my lists and planning my baking schedule. I love to bake but eat it if I do so its a great opportunity to make things for folk and not scoff the lot! Our tickets arrived for the show on Saturday as we decend on mass to the Northern Papercraft Extravaganza. Im nervous, excited but most of all thrilled to be spending the wekend with crafty folk - there really is no buzz better than this! So once we have done this weekend then watch out for the next which will be a jam packed time with workshops of the crafty gift variety.
Hope your weekend is going great!
Janet x

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful Janet! Love that saucy pud!lol
    Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Crafty Individuals - placed an order with them on Sunday and it was here by Tuesday - fabulous images. Also excited to see that Graphicus is just outside Barnard Castle - my Dad is in Bishop Auckland (where I'm from originally) so next time I visit I'm going to do some arm twisting and persuade s'one to take me there.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful night spent with special friends Janet. Thanks so much for being my friend.
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.