Tuesday 16 March 2010

Tuesday Taggers

Oh Wow! This weeks challenge was picked by the fabulous Avril and is Masquerade balls/jesters/clowns. How far out of my comfort zone was this?? a seriously long way! Another teamie, Bee, gave me this mask last summer - she had bought it when on holiday. It was plain white ceramic and I have looked at it every so often wondering what on earth to do with it! Well Avrils challenge got me going. First I gave it a couple of coats of gesso before painting half burgundy with sojonias paint and the other half gold with a different make (this one took 3 coats!) then with an unsteady join I aded a peel off down the centre - yes you read correctly a peel off!
I was so taken with this I decided to use them again (yes peel offs again) around the eyes. I coloured some stones using alchol inks then added those too.

The flowers were some double sided peel offs (yes again - nervous laugh lol) which I added glitter to, more gems then round the outline with promarkers.
I have to say I'm rather taken with it even with the peel offs - thank goodness I didnt get rid of the whole lot to the BHF last month!
Over on Tuesday Taggers the whole team has excelled once again - hop on over to see the stunning variety.
I'm off to craft at the local craft shop and taking my chest infection with me - yes the damn cold has decided to linger on so I'm stuffing down antibiotics to try and get shut of it for the weekend.
Happy Tuesday Bloggers x

10 comments:

  1. It's absolutely gorgeous Janet and I like the peel off's too - maybe you've found a usage I have a little stash of them used when I can't lift a card out of the doldrums LOL!

    Hope you feel better soon and have a lovely day at your craft shop I'm off to work boo hoo - but will have a little art journaling time later me thinks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Janet - and great use of peel offs!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, they do have their uses! LOL
    Fabulous masque hun - love it!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic mask Janet, love the colours and the peeloffs! Hope you have a good day and that the chest infection soon clears up.
    Love Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peel Offs? yr banned! lol thanx for stopping by love the mask (dispite the dreaded POs) hope your feeling better soon a good grat afternoon out should sort it

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful mask, Janet! Thanks for your lovely comments. You are pretty talented yourself, hun x

    ReplyDelete
  7. 100 jelly tots is a good one for mt to add to my declaration of love !

    Love the mask, you clever thing x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors in the mask
    thanks for sharing
    michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feeling better. I love this mask. I did go off peel offs too. If I want a quick card and it doesn't get a place on my blog do use it. Thanks to Avril now you got a gorgeous mask not a palin white one lol
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  10. How gorgeous. Great colour combo. I hope you're felling better by now.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.