Tuesday 12 July 2011

Tag week at Try it on Tuesday

Thanks for all the good wishes about the craft retreat - I had an amazing time and over this week plan to share some of my activities with you - here is the first, my tag for Try it on Tuesday - the theme chosen by me is The birds and the bees!
I have gone for a total no stamping look as I used up left overs from a card I had been making for a commission. The bird punch, papers and tab punch are all from stampin up. The lace,charm and ribbon from my stash. The edges of all the layers have been inked with brushed corderoy distress ink.
Stop by Try it on Tuesday for more creations
Managed to get my swaps ready and dropped in at Running with Scissors shop in Grimsby - a true paper paradise I just could not resist lush ribbons and gorgeous stroking papers. I have managed to make projects with some too.
As always it was good to catch up with lovely pals - the ever so gorgeous Georgina, my pal Michelle, Barbara, Kate and Emma as well as making new friends with Caroline and Tina - waves furiously! We did not see as much of Andy as usual but it was lovely to have him around too - his sharp wit and dry sense of humour making us all laugh out loud. We have laughed and cried together this weekend and also laughed until we cried, we drank pimms as an aperitif and copious glasses of glorious wine! These retreats are such good therapy and a tonic for the soul - however crafting for such a long period is also quite tiring - I did do the most projects in the weekend ,she boasts, and also had very little sleep from all the excitement. I snore terribly and worry each time I go away about keeping my pals awake - honestly I really do - it means I dont sleep as well as I could and thank fully when I do no one seems to mind the loud growling coming from me!
So another sucessful retreat and I have another weekend away this month to look forward to - I cant wait x
Hope your weekend was as fab as mine x
Janet

8 comments:

  1. Great tag Clarky - and am glad you had such a good (if tiring) time crafting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a gorgeous tag Janet. Good to hear you had a lovely get together. Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty little tag just love the lace detail
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely idea - fab little creation. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely tag Janet. Glad you had a good time. Sounds like a fun weekend was had by all. Looking forward to the end of the month. Have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely tag hun & good luck with my giveaway! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow .... this looks lovely, and clever as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tag, as always brilliant work from you !
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.