Friday 1 July 2011

The Stamp Man challenge and ATC swap

Time for a new challenge at the Stamp Man challenges so do hop on over to the blog and find out more. We are challenged to use a sketch and or alcohol inks. I decided to run free with the alcohol inks which are one of my fav products from Ranger. joining in the challenge is not just fun but a prize is up for grabs each time too - with so many gorgeous things in the shop who would not love spending this prize!
For this atc I have used espresso, caramel and pink sherbet. I don't own may of the lights collection but do love the lighter tomes they bring so I may have to invest in more. (any excuse for another shopping trip huh?) I have used a diecut butterfly my pal gave me in shrink plastic and coloured that in the same colours - look how different they look in concentrated form!
Some trusty Tim Holtz stamps and archival ink and a few alcohol inked buttons from the sale room at the stamp Man and its done. Quite pink for me I think!

Now onto the ATC swap too
This month is vintage so here I have used the vintage car from the aspects of design men's stamp plate. This is quite a recent purchase for me and I love how there is a mini version of each vehicle for you to add to an embelishment - in my case the tiny tag. More archival inks, a touch of distress and a coin from my stash and its nearly done. I decided it needed a bit of distressing so attacked it with the distress tool then mounted on some green card. So there it is my Vintage atc for this months swap. - Will you be joining in this month? I do hope so - co-ordinating the swap is such fun getting to see so many mini works of art - I feel very lucky. here is the blog

have a fabulous Friday x Janet

5 comments:

  1. These are just fabulous Janet, I love the colours on both. The pink is beautiful and the butterfly just gorgeous.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work Janet.
    I really, really love the pink background and that butterfly is awesome.
    Great vintage feel to the ATC.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both ATC's are fantastic hon, loving the alcohol inks on the first one - such lush colours and the vintage one is perfect for the theme, have a lovely weekend, take care ( PS I am doing the RWS atc swap tomorrow so yours will be in the post first thing monday - thanks for playing) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful ATCs' love them both....gorgeous colours. Love all those purples and pinks in the alchohol ink one.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.