Thursday 6 October 2011

My Baby has turned 16!

Yes today is our Megs birthday - sweet 16 - how time does fly. This is her birthday card a little project one of my craft buddies showed us at our last craft club session. On the front is the magnolia horse - our Megs is horse mad - she will be very excited as she is going riding later today.
It opens like a little bag
with lots of folds it looks really complicated but is in fact quite easy.

Opened out fully. the papers came from Running with Scissors in Grimsby. I bought them at our last Claxby retreat. the smaller horse stamps are by inkadinkadoo.

Its been a funny old week - I have been totally devoid of any MoJo which has not been helped by working 2 nights at the beginning of the week. I am so out of doing nights now that doing more than one on its own just saps me of everything. I have also been struggling with a tummy bug so have felt really "off it" with that too.
Last weekend saw Tim and I do some serious cleaning and bedroom sorting which in the heat was not an easy task - its quite rare these days that we are home together to tackle these things and though it was hard work we did have quite a laugh which was just as well given the job in hand. Monday , Tuesday and Wednesday passed me by in a haze of being asleep when everyone is awake and being awake when the world is tucked up in bed and now I have a day off to play and Mr Mojo is nowhere to be seen.
So in the absence of my creativity I think I will make a few Christmas cakes to cheer myself up. the smell is always divine.
Happy Thursday folks Have fun whatever you are up to x

3 comments:

  1. A very Happy 16th Birthday to Meg. I hope she has a really lovely day and I bet she was overjoyed to receive such a stunning card. I love the way it opens out and that Magnolia horse is so cute. These girls grow up so fast don't they, we've just been looking at Secondary schools. Doesn't seem to minutes since that first day at school.
    I'm glad you had a good weekend, Janet. Shame the weather hasn't lasted though isn't it, it's freezing today!!
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fabulous card Janet hope Meghan has a fabulous day
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..... what an amazing card, so fantastic as Meghan is such a horse fan! x

    PS - hope mojo is back very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.