Sunday 8 August 2010

Tag You're It! Monogram

Challenges are great for pushing you out of your comfort zone - I have seen some fabulous collage work around blogland and so thought I would have a go this week with the theme Monogram. I began with the letter J as my name begins with it but its actually going to be for someone else whose name begins with J.
The colours came from the the letter so I grabbed what was to hand and took it to craft club on Thursday to have a fiddle. The Music sheet is some I got from freecycle a while ago and its great for this sort of thing.
The flower is a freebie stamp from craft stamper, the leaf stamp is from a papermania build a rose set. The paper is from DCWV , the ribbons and buttons from stash and the gorgeous diamante buckle is from Bits and bats. Teamed with a miniature doily I think it looks ok for my first efforts at this style. Hope J likes it!
Do stop by the Tag You're it blog and check out everyone elses mongram projects - My teamies are sooo talented x
I am also entering this into Hels Sunday Stamper challenge
Which this week must include music and stamping - my flowers and leaves are stamped and of course I have used original music score sheet on my tag x

7 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Janet - though I know it isn't for me :o( LOL!! Whoever 'J' is, I hope she appreciates it (very sexist of me, it might be for a 'he'!!) It's so pretty and feminine and I love all your elements! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Janet! Love all the elements you've used.
    It really is pretty.
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Janet I love it. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow now that is something totally different and I love it to bits. Very inspiring indeed
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, its gorgeous, will be on the hunt for doilies now, it gives a super effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet, thank you SO much for this lovely card! I love it, there's a lot of elements to it and now I know why you wanted those round cards!! It's a brilliant idea and so pretty on my mantlepiece, thank you:) I'll have to dig out my small doilies and have a try myself.

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw this is lovely... I know that Jels will love it ROFL... sorry hun, couldn't resist that one... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper .. hope all is well with you x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.