Tuesday 10 August 2010

Tuesday Taggers - a litle ray of sunshine :0)


My crafty Pal Michelle has chosen this weeks theme - I think she thought we would be basking in the rays of the glorious August sunshine not dodging the raindrops or cowering under canapy's whilst the heavy showers pass!

Still as always the team come up with an ar"ray" of ideas which are stunning check them out here.
Mine is very simple - a small tag with a frame stamped and coloured with promarkers. The wording is taken from a few stamps then the sunshine stamp is a craft stamper freebie, coloured with promarkers and a button added to the centre. Ribbon from stash and its all complete. Wonder if I am finally getting the whole less is more thing???
Now I have had an incredibly busy weekend I worked fri, sat, sun and mon and some of you know I work with children with learning difficulties - well I needed 3 weetabix and 3 shredded wheat to get through this weekend thats for sure.
However on Saturday look what appeared at the door



Some yummy fresh rhubarb which today will become a crumble for my ever hungry lot! Do you have a rhubarb fairy? Mine makes me giggle and is called Rita :0) Thanks chuck its brilliant!
And what else is on todays agenda? Hmmm let me see could that be 3 wedding cakes for a certain young Man getting married in September? A tricky task as I am combining 2 family recipes one from my family and one from hubbys so hope they turn out ok - Lisa you did say you could work miracles with the icing didnt you????? No?????? better be ultra careful them LOL
And tomorrow I will be a year older yep birthday Number 44 so today is my last day at 43! The festivities will begin at 10am with breakfast at Weatherspoons with my crafty pals then we will decide a crafty adventure for the day. I know the best folks for crafty adventures so I am really looking forward to it. I already know one of my pressies is a workshop at The Stampman on Saturday some folks know me all too well! The evening will be spent having a chinese takeaway banquet and a few bottles of veno collapso - though not too much as I am working again on Thursday afternoon lol.
Hope you are having a brilliant week x Janet

7 comments:

  1. First of all Birthday Wishes to you, secondly does your rhubarb fairy travel in my direction, I could provide a sat nav :)
    Of course the less is more idea is a good one, not one I have managed to master, however this one fits that style perfectly. Love the fresh colours and that sunshine with all its rays is so warming.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Janet! Have a fabulous crafty day.
    I could do with a visit from the rhubarb fairy too!
    Love the tag - it's so bright and cheerful - unlike the weather - it's pouring down here!
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sunshine, hun, and a very happy birthday for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag hun! Love the less is more bit, LOL.
    Hope you have a fun filled birthday - wish I had some crafting buddies near me, well, any buddies at all would be nicer.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet,

    A lovely tag, so refreshing in colour you can almost taste the Zing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sunshine creation Janet and have a very happy birthday!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smashing summery tag.
    Have a very happy day on your Birthday tomorrow.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.