Thursday 26 August 2010

Imagine

Had a fun day yesterday on the last of our journalling sessions with Mums and daughters. It has been lovely to see how they have embraced the whole thing and enjoyed learning the skills which can transfer to other crafting areas. They were presented with their own soft back moleskin to go home and play in as they had been working in an exercise book to learn the different techniques. Its been a lovely session - Thanks Freya, Lisa, Jo and Liz for being so open to the ideas and playing along with us.

I also watched a film last night borrowed from fellow blogger Susie - Thanks so much :0) It was the film "Remember Me" with Robert Pattinson - the ending was so unexpected - I wont spoil it but both Meg and I were shouting at the TV we were so shocked!
I went upstairs to the craft room to play after that - yes it was late but I had bought a black versafine at The Stampman so needed to play :0)

I bought this stampsmith stamp at Elusive images in July and have stamped quite a bit but not been happy with what I have done with it. I also bought the sepia versafine with the stamp but I just have not been inspired at all so I thought I would give the black a go.
Ive used promarkers and distress inks to colour her and am much happier with this result. The metal corners are from The Stampman and Ive just stamped the word Imagine over the top. Some dusting of the edges with distress ink - frayed burlap and simple matting and layering and its now an atc. Looking forward to much more playing with the stamps now - as yes I have more but they are not the right size for atcs.
Have a great Thursday Blogging buddies x Janet

9 comments:

  1. What a great card Janet. Thank-You for your lovely comments on my blog too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Janet! I had to smile to myself when you said you HAD to play before going to bed. I totally understand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous image Janet and I love what you've done with it.
    Hugs,
    Sue xx
    p.s. I too was shouting at the T.V. at the end of the film!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and I love that stamp, it's one on my wishlist :)
    Kay x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation and image Janet.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank YOU Janet, these Workshops have been brilliant and really helped the Summer hols fly by. I shall miss my Wednesdays playing. Freya's had a wonderful time.
    Your card is really beautiful, what a great image. You weren't on your own late night crafting. I suddenely realised it was after midnight when I finished the journalling page you set us yesterday. I just had to finish it. Our new books have been lovingly stroked and put away ready for when we feel brave enough to try something for ourselves, thank you again for them, what generous ladies you are.
    Hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning work! It is a gorgoeus stamp and I've thought about buying it quite a few times myself! Wish Meg and I had been able to make it up to your workshops - they sound fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful piece of work Janet,you are such a wonderful crafter and inspire me so, luv Georginaxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous image Janet, love how you used it on this piece.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.