Friday 6 August 2010

Whats rockin your world Friday!



Well folks here we are at Friday again - can you believe week 2 of the holidays has gone so fast???
I am again joining Virginias recruits over at The Celtic house So whats been rocking my world this week?
1) The biggest success of the week has to be the Parent and Young Person Art Journalling class Michelle and I have hosted for the last 2 weeks. The folks attending have literally run away with the concept and produced the most stunning of pages. Last week we did painting, this week we did inky backgrounds and used lots of stamps as well as doodling it was fabulous to see them throwing themselves into the creativity. I received a text from one of the Mums later in the day to say they had both felt so inspired - Her daughter had rushed home to do some more pages and she was planning to do the same all evening what better compliment could we have? We have been buzzing all week - its a tremendous feeling inspiring someone to go away and play :0)
2) My middle son made me brunch yesterday - egg, bacon and beans on toast - it was delicious and so unexpected!
3) Rita at my craft club - boy she made us giggle last night - Rita I love your sense of humour and your clever wit - thanks for the giggles xx
4) My DT buddies - Now I play along with some of the best crafty people with the blogs I am part of - every week these ladies make the most stunning works of art - I dont always have time to visit them and let them know how much I love their work and being part of the design team with them . I want them all to know they give me a huge buzz every week so thank you Tuesday Taggers team, Tag You're It team, Winter Wonderland team and The Stampman team YOU ARE FABULOUS!
5) Now where would I be without my family and friends? Without a doubt they get me through each week in one piece and relatively sane - so they do rock every minute of my life not just my Fridays xxx
So on to a bit of crafting


My Bro asked me to make a card for a relative of his wife's who has come over from Australia to get married at Gretna Green. Now I am not sure they like the card (Bro and wife) as the noises were oh thats nice - in an un convincing voice but there again they didnt give me any clue about what they wanted so I ran with the whole Scotland theme (they are an older couple too). I have a set of Scotland stamps I bought last year - I had to have them - couldnt live another minute without them and this is the first stamping i have done with them LOL. The paper is by Basic Grey, cant remember the stamp company but the thistle, stag and flag are from the set. I have just tied 2 rings together with ribbon and added to the flag as I thought that was quite representative of what they are doing. Before I gave it to him I did add the bride and grooms names and congratulations and I dont know if I dare admit it but it was using peel offs (she whispers).
Now after all my positives I will go hide until you stop laughing............

J x

11 comments:

  1. Not the dreaded peel offs Janet!lol
    A great list - your journalling class sounds wonderful.
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's OK Janet, we won;t tell anyone about the 'P' word - honest!!

    Love your list this week and am so pleased to hear that your art journalling class went well - Dyan will be so proud of you!

    Gillxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful Janet, be not ashamed of using the p.o's but must admit it takes alot of guts to admit it( sly little laugh here), luv Georginaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely and i adore your list - inspiring other people - sheer bliss! Hope you are having a fabulous day!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thank Janet, great working with you too. I think this card is great and so personal. Glad you whispered about the peeloffs. Isn't it funny when I started I always used them and now I don't have any as I sold them all. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet love working with you too, I love your inspirational comments on this post each week and apologies too if I don't always pop by to say so. Thanks teamie
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL at your bit of whispering at the end. I love that card - SO very Scottish - the Stag stamp is beautiful. And that thistle - I've never seen one like it! Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card - it is great and I would say it fits the bill I am sure the couple will love it ((((hugs)))) Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww Bless you Janet - you are a FAB teamie yourself, so right back at you! I love you being on TYI!!! Your card is fab and don't knock the peel-off's - they saved the day, didn't they!! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thinks it's perfect for the occasion Janet and I'm certain it will be appreciated!
    Thanks for making me part of what's rockin your world, funnily enough you are a calming influence on mine and a joy to work with! Love u lots
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.