Sunday 29 August 2010

Challenge one at Keep it Simple!

So you can get up off the floor now and stop laughing that "chuck it all at a card ClarkyJ" is on the design team at Keep it Simple!
Me and simple have found it hard to get along but try we must as I have accepted the challenge of being on the team :0)
Our first challenge was to make a Christmas card with the traditional colours of red and green. I found these fabulous corrugated cards at Kanban at my last visit and loved the texture so much it begs not to be covered up. I have added touches of gold to the ridges so it has a sparkly feel to it. The ribbon has the Merry Christmas sentiment running through it so that took care of that and I have just added some white and gold vellum, the fabulous paperartsy background stamp then an image which I have punched out to finish it off. Took less than the required 30 minutes and it is indeed very simple what do you think?
The Keep it simple team have produced some gorgeous projects so do stop by to check it out - we would love to see you join in too !

10 comments:

  1. I love the post, made me smile, as I feel so uncomfortable with the same thing, I had a great tidy up and hid everything so I could not add my usual array of embellishments but my gosh was that hard, so really feel the empathy with you and glad to see you on the DT
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree the corragated card is a feature and you have made a marvellous card here love it. Seems CAS is not so hard for you my friend LOL good luck with the new challenge it looks like a lot of fun. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your corrigated card, but still chuckling about the post you wrote and 'simple' crafting. Its a fantastic card with a lovely sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This must have been right up your straight being Christmas Janet!!!!! and you've done simple brilliantly. I love the natural look. This would be perfect for the likes of me who mass produce Xmas cards and need something simple. I love it.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed very simple but oh so stunning. You have got it just right. Good luck at Keep it simple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this simple card. I'm not good at simple but may have a go. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the edgy feel to this it is very contempory with the ripped edges,kraft colours and texture. Hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  8. hiya chickie!
    love your card..and the corrugated background...i hear ya on the 'simple' part..i have such a hard time with that, too.............you definitely rawked the card ~ challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it and love those cards I must get over there soon and get some - lovely job Janet lol Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, love the simplicity

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.