Thursday 19 August 2010

This and that........

This is the guitar card I made as part of Sues order. The card has been run through the music cuttlebug folder then denim ink swiped all over it. The Guitar image is a papermania one and I have embossed it with PM blue glass embossing powder then added ink over the top. The little guitar embelishment just finished it nicely :0)
This is a really poor picture I am afraid but its already in the post so i cant retake it LOL. This is for my friendship swap partner for August over on the docrafts forum and I have played with my new Tim Holtz stamps I got for my birthday. Ink applied with brushes - my fav technique of the moment, denim and fired brick ,then heart sequin waste inked through. The saying stamped in black and some over stamping with a swirl then dried off with the heat gun before embossing the chandilier again in blue glass. All matted and layered to complete. Hope she likes it x
Been feeling pretty yuck these last few days and so tired but hopefully it will pass quickly. Work has been a little stressful too which has not helped - school hols brings out all sorts of problems in my job as the young people struggle with being out of routine and can cause mayhem at home meaning respite is needed all the more - we are full to capacity and have been since the holidays began so staff are also running on full capacity and are now feeling the strain - Only 2 more weeks then we should be back to normality!
Hope your holidays are proving refreshing :0)

8 comments:

  1. what what a lovely pair but especially like the music score on the top one
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. the guitar card is fab and really different xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both these cards Janet, love the blues.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, Janet! I'm feeling all guilty now that I'm still on holiday! Hope you don't have too much stress hun x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the inking technique - might have to give it a go. Super card. Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome cards janet! that guitar one..is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.