Tuesday 30 June 2009

Week 7 Give it some distress




Okay so I know it is Christmassy but hey I did warn you my Mojo had returned in a Christmassy mood lol! Ive had such a craftless week I thought it best to go with the flow as far as this weeks Tuesday taggers entry was concerned.
The theme is to give it some distress! Fab tutorial over on the Tuesday Taggers blog from the King of Distress himself Mr Tim Holtz. He kindly gave his permission for us to use it on the blog - fabulous :0)



Not only is there the fabby tutorial but another prize from The craft barn for a randomly picked winner - a few conditions this week so check the Tuesday Taggers blog to make sure your entry qualifies.

Now down to my entry - Not sure what it will end up as card or tag so for now its just a postcard. I started with some cream card and stamped the Santa face and embossed with vintage photo distress embossing powder. I coloured his face using the distress inks to watercolour his red hat and tattered rose for his face. I then stamped Postcard with black soot and then dusted it with antique gold perfect pearls and spritzed with water. Next I over stamped the script background with Tea Dye distress ink. I have then bulit up layers of colour starting with antique linin, vintage photo, spiced marmalade ending with black soot. The holly is stamped with pine needles and the merry Christmas in fired brick. Ive used the Tim Holtz paper distresser to rough up the edges and made little tears which i have curled using my fingers then inked with the same colours as before. I went around finally with black soot again which I think almost makes it look charred.



I quite like this distressed look and Ive sure got some of the Christmas stamps to play with so I will be doing even more.

Hope you can join in this week I look forward to visiting your blogs for more inspiration!
Janet

6 comments:

  1. Stunning totally love it and i watched the tutorial..brilliant!!
    hugs
    tracy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just brilliant Janet, you've done it to perfection, if I didn't know you'd just made it I would suspect it was 70 years old at least! Hang on did I see you make it - maybe you just cheated?????? :)
    Love it, love you
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab bit of distressed aging there...love it.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great distressing Janet, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowza chickie ~ fabulous distressing and take on the challenge ~ i love it!

    melody

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.