Friday 19 June 2009

Another set back and hopefully good news

Well Son No 2 James has been to Brunel Uni today in Uxbridge - they have offered him a place and the text he has sent me about the visit sounds positive so hopefully thats him with a uni place he is happy with.

Now the set back. I had a vertigo attack at work on wed night and so now my manager wants to send me to the Occupational Health dept as I am a risk at work. Scream, rant, cry!
This awful thing seems to be invading every bit of my life and whilst I can see what he is saying it doesnt stop me feeling really sad/ upset that I am having to go down this road with little control over what happens to me. There is naff all I can do to a) predict it is going to happen or b) prevent it. After 14 years on nights I manage to get a day job I like that pays well and then this happens.
So probably no crafting for a day or two whilst I weep and wallow about what is happening to my life.
Sorry folks
Janet xx

9 comments:

  1. Pleased James like the uni. Really sorry about the problems at work. Take care Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry to hear that Janet.Hope things work out for you soon.
    xx debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news about James Janet, but I too am very sorry to hear your other news.

    You go ahead and scream, rant, wallow or do anything else you need to without feeling bad about doing so. Hope you can have a break over the weekend to rest and be kind to yourself.

    I do hope things get sorted for you soon Janet.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your vertigo attack Janet. I hope you feel better soon and that things get better soon. Love Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear your news Janet. Don't be too hard on yourself. Have a good rest and a nice cup of tea (or something stronger). Hope things look brighter soon.
    Take care

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet,
    So sorry to hear the problems your
    meniere's disease is causing you at present. It is particularly hard when it threatens to upskittle your life so completely, s I know only too well from my own experience. But you are a fighter and you will get through this, you do not have to do it alone, you have good friends and a close family, if you ever need anothershoulder to weep on or and ear to listen to your ranting and wailing, give me a call.There is a huge hug waiting for you when we see you in a couple of weeks.

    I'm not forgetting that James's news is very welcome, I know that he has had set backs and disapointments too, but hopefully they are behind him now,and he can look forward to the future, he must be really pleased, and I'm sure that you are too..

    Take care of yourself and just take one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news re James - not so great for you!! Thing is if you stress about it all it just makes things worse. Try to relax over the weekend - I'll keep my fingers crossed that things improve for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh Janet, so sorry to hear how the vertigo attacks are now affecting work, try not to stress. Sending you big ((((hugs)))). Take care of yourself. Love Jo x - Good news about James though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased to hear your your son's good news.
    Try to keep your chin up though about work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.