Wednesday 14 July 2010

Some Journal pages

Thought I'd share a couple of journal pages I have done recently. You have seen this blue one before which I prepared at The Art Journalling Weekend at Dys. the wording is a Tim Holtz stamp which says simply "Life isnt about finding yourself its about creating yourself" Its taken a while to decide on the imagery for this page but I decided what better than a caterpillar (bottom left) who turns into a beautiful butterfly. The butterflies have been stamped onto some K&Co scrap paper and I'm now pleased the page is finished.
This page is from our last art journalling session at The Stampman. We used the theme of Hope to guide the page. the Butterfly is stamped onto the page then again onto patterned paper and only joined at the body so can look 3d. Ive used one of Dys border techniques down the side of lady bumps with doodled lady bumps and have added my journalling in the border.
I'm quite pleased with both these and the mixture of papers and stamps to create them alongside inks, paints and masks x

8 comments:

  1. These pages are lovely Janet.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Janet, had a chuckle at the lady bumps... I love your colour combo on the second one. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning pages Janet - no stopping you now
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely pages Janet - Journaling is one of the things I have always wanted to do and have not done yet you have inspired me with this sooo much - love and ((HUGS)) Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pages, Janet and I love the meaning behind them. Those stencils work so well, I shall definitely be having a play with mine now.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally stunning, Janet! you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.