Thursday 22 July 2010

More Alice this time for Mary

Did I mention I had been away on a craft retreat? I did? Well here is another creation I can share. This was a birthday card for one of the ladies, Mary, at the retreat who came for the first time. I think Mary and Margaret were a little apprehensive at first but soon slotted in like they had been with us to every retreat. Thats the lovely thing about the people I know from retreating- they are fun, caring, sharing and really quite barking LOL. I attend 4 retreats a year now - 2 I organise with Michelle, details at the top of the page, and 2 run by my crafting pals Kate and Bee. Always good fun, relaxing and we get loads done with mini tutorials and technique sharing, stash sharing if you have forgotten something and generally appreciating each others talents.
The next retreat is 24th - 26th September at Beamsley , North Yorkshire and will include a brilliant class with my talented friend Michelle.
We have a resident Chef called Andy who is the Hubby of Emma one of our retreat ladies and my stampin up supplier. Andy was an army chef and turns out the most beautiful food - including a fabulous fruit salad!!!
Anyway enough retreat appreciating back to the card. As I had been playing with Halloween in Wonderland papers it seemed a good idea to make Marys card in the same theme (she probably thinks I really am mad now!). It really is just simple cutting, matting and layering with the addition of the gorgeous stampin up blue card and some adhesive stones. I quite liked it though. The addition of a sentiment from the lovely Margaret and the card was complete. Mary received some stunning cards from my talented pals and hopefully the start of her birthday was made special by having breakfast with us before going to join her family to celebrate more.
Hope you are having a great week x Janet

5 comments:

  1. glad you had a good time at the retreat!! and love your card

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. The retreat sounds fabulous and the card is gorgeous Janet. So glad you had a fun time.
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super card, will be looking out for these papers when I am away craft shop hunting.Sounds like you all had great fun, looking forward to your September. retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work (as always :) and so pleased you have a great time at the retreat!
    Suzie xxxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, I love the Alice papers. S x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.